• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OMG.....lost files....recovery?

TheRapture

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 31, 2000
Messages
6,885
Ok, I pulled a bonehead move....I'll admit it. I was in the XP install options and I accidentally deleted the partitions for my storage drive, making my mp3's and some other data (porn maybe haha) appear to be gone. I did NOT format the drive though, so I am assuming the data is there and there has got to be a way to access it.

Some tips on free software that might be able to see the files so I can back them up?
 
I do not know of any free program to recover files well, but I imagine that at least contributing the one I have used for years will be useful.

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

It has yet to fail me, it is $70 though.
I have used it having made a similar mistake. I started to image the wrong computer, and I just powered it off after it started. That program was able to recover the vast majority of the data successfully.

Good luck.
 
thanks guys. Trying them now, and I will buy whichever I like the best, I have 240gb of stuff I do not want to lose, some of it is on my other pc, but I really want ALL of it....
 
Back
Top