OMG I'm so sick of this 680i crapbox

Ok been running this system in my sig for a while, and then all of a sudden when I play a media file it hardlocks for no reason with the speakers making a loud humming noise! This is getting ridiculous, does nvidia not care about the quality of their chipsets -- I cannot even fucking upgrade to 780i b/c stability issues are reported on that POS as well!

In addition to that going to X38 will cost ~1300-1500 since I water cool all parts on my systems and have 3 displays I would need 2x 3870X2's as well.

I guess I am stuck with this shitbox for a couple more months (8800 GTX's aside)

Back on topic maybe?

First, loud audio hum. This is almost always and indicator of a bad ground, usually the connectors between your speaker system and your sound card or motherboard sound inputs.

It’s also possible your speaker system is leaking DC back into the system.

Unplug all usb and audio cables and see how things work then.

Luck

I only hear people complain about the 680i's when they try to OC. But i should be fine since i don't OC.

Obviously its the user thats teh suck! My board is awesome

Did you just say Dan_D and other users suck?! :eek:

I killed 6 of them when I quit and sold my 2nd 8800GTX and got a X38 chipset. I also had my NB watercooled.

As of right now on my 3rd day on my 780I, its been great.

Did you just say Dan_D and other users suck?! :eek:

I killed 6 of them when I quit and sold my 2nd 8800GTX and got a X38 chipset. I also had my NB watercooled.

As of right now on my 3rd day on my 780I, its been great.

That's what he said. In any case I was about to defend my reasoning for saying 680i SLI reference boards suck, but I decided not to beat a dead horse. I've covered it in more than enough threads. I'm not saying that some of the boards aren't good or that they are all bad but clearly the design is lacking in a number of areas. Under certain usage scenarios the problems with the 680i SLI motherboards are easy to duplicate and I stand by my statements.

i kicked nvidia to the curb after the nForce3 Vista support b.s., and haven't looked back since. been very happy with Intel chipsets and ATI cards.

Back