OMG Has anyone ever seen this Before?

pairdice

Limp Gawd
i Bought this PNY FX5900 Ultra off of Ebay a year ago, and as expected, the thing would not run.
So i sent it in to PNY and told them i thought it was a Memory Issue, because that was the symptoms at the time it was displaying.
They Fixed it, and sent it back with a Bunch of other Goodies in a refurb style return, and so, at the time i had a Gainward 5950, so i never used the PNY Card until now.
i Just popped it in my Rig, installed the Coolbits patch, and checked the Clock Frequencies, and this is what it said:

Clock--450MHZ

Memory Clock--1.7 GHZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

I Blew my gears!!!!!!!!
1.7 GHZ on a FX5900 Ultra?????
i used the "Detect Optimal settings", and the Friggin thing saig i could go as High on the card as :
Clock--528 MHZ

Memory Clock--1.84 GHZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone ever Heard of such a Thing?

I rebooted and checked it twice, and still the same Default readings, 450\1700mhz

I Just cant Believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my Drivers are the 93.71 Drivers
running on Win XP Pro sp2

no i havent run anything yet, but i will do a Benchmark and post the results.
PNY did send me back the same card i sent in (i marked it to make sure) and i did tell them i had a memory issue.

so is it possible they gave me ultra High Memory?
if mem readings are incorrect, then why is default Clock 450mhz, and not 900 Mhz?
i think they Turbo Charged this thing to Keep up with todays games, and Probably felt bad that they made such a Crappy card to Begin with?

havent tried it in Games Yet But i will.
whats the Best Benchmark to run on this card?

You can push the clock higher, I got mine to 565. But my memory never touched that. I think I only got mine to like 1050 or 1060.

I guess if they replaced the memory it could have been accidentally upgraded to better memory.

Very unlikely but who knows.

is there a utility i can use to see if this is Correct? and Programs or sites out there?

i had a Ti4600 in my Rig last nite, with the same drivers and they stated the right specs.......i put the FX Card in, and used the same drivers, and Viola???????????????????????

is there a utility i can use to see if this is Correct? and Programs or sites out there?

i had a Ti4600 in my Rig last nite, with the same drivers and they stated the right specs.......i put the FX Card in, and used the same drivers, and Viola???????????????????????

Stop with the !!!!!!!!!!! and ??????????? please. It's also "voila", not "viola" which is a musical instrument.

Try to see what Rivatuner sees or Nvidia's very own Ntune

Rivatuner is Crap, it told me my Core clock is 300 NHZ? WTF!
and NTune is for Nforce related Mobos..Big help there

Viola!!!..........LOL

i bet its just the drivers way to flip out!!!!!!!!!!!!!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
why havent you tried playing a game? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility.html

also nvidia is starting to suck imo with all this control panal and ntune apps i just want ez simple quick interface not ten diff pages of stupid options

i playes Star Trek Legacy, but that is such a crappy game!! you need a 8800 Just to keep up with it, and i really have no other games, i might download a FEAR demo and see what that does.
what Drivers do you suggest i use?

I Use the Classic View with the Latest drivers and i am back to the Old school look.
there are 2 Classic options you have to pick to get back to the Old School look

I will Rum 3dmark and let you know what it says, i have to go and DL it first.

Viola!!!..........LOL

No, Ntune is for all video cards AND supported Nforce motherboards. So yes, I was a big help, thank you for noticing.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

are there diff versions of Ntune?
mine came up saying that no mobo was detected?

The memory is a driver issue, it did the same with my 6800GS, reported at 2.2GHz, when I know for a fact that they were really at 1.1GHz, it was an issue with the drivers, apparently they havent fixed it yet, if they plan to. You didn't get super-memory.

man i knew it was too good to be true.ROFLMAO
Oh well.it was a High Hope for a short while.......LOL

BTW Face dude:

The NVIDIA® nTune™ version 5.05 is the easiest, fastest, and safest performance optimization and monitoring application available for your PC. Incorporating more features than any other system tuning or monitoring product, NVIDIA nTune* is the only performance tuning application designed exclusively for your NVIDIA nForce-based PC. With NVIDIA nTune your system can automatically adjust to maximum performance settings for intense gaming. This intelligent application offers the safest way to change bus speeds, memory timings, and even tweak voltages. Changes are made easily within a simple-to-use Windows interface--so you no longer need to make changes to the BIOS or reboot your system.

you need a Nforce Mobo, straight from the Horses Mouth......LOL

I just told you what programs to use, no need to be an asshole.

I'm with you. OP is talking like he is 13 and is not grateful for any help. Come on pairdice, have a little respect for others here on the forum

and you started it Piehole, i Just Nicely Returned the favor, so chill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Viola!!!..........LOL

:rolleyes: Guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

BTW Face dude:

The NVIDIA® nTune™ version 5.05 is the easiest, fastest, and safest performance optimization and monitoring application available for your PC. Incorporating more features than any other system tuning or monitoring product, NVIDIA nTune* is the only performance tuning application designed exclusively for your NVIDIA nForce-based PC. With NVIDIA nTune your system can automatically adjust to maximum performance settings for intense gaming. This intelligent application offers the safest way to change bus speeds, memory timings, and even tweak voltages. Changes are made easily within a simple-to-use Windows interface--so you no longer need to make changes to the BIOS or reboot your system.

If you say so.

Perhaps you meant to suggest the program RivaTuner instead of nTune.

Nope, Nvidia's own site says it will OC the video card on "all motherboards" and will only modify system board settings on "Select Nforce Motherboards". Is this not true?

BTW Face dude:

Wow kid, first of all rivatuner reports 300 because that's the 2d clock speed. 2nd, you can use ntune on none nforce motherboards... I did when I had an 8800 on a 945p. Also, the 5900 series wasn't bad, just didn't do dx9 well, and dx9 got popular towards the end of it's life cycle.

I'm with you. OP is talking like he is 13 and is not grateful for any help. Come on pairdice, have a little respect for others here on the forum
I agree.

Actually, we have a policy of mutual respect on this forum for all members.

Rule #1: Absolutely NO FLAMING, NAME CALLING OR PERSONAL ATTACKS. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.

what you could do i find the number on the memory on your card and look on google for the memeory its supposed to match to see if it was upgraded.

I tried Ntune again, and it wont let me install on my PC?
Specs are below Minus Vid Card.................

Back