OMG hardware problem?

Imp

Limp Gawd
OMG this is what happened

When i restarted my comp, it couldn't goto windows...it kept on reseting automatically!...so i reformat...during the reformat, the comp needed to restart...so It restarted...after restarted while windows was loading it said this (during that error msg, some weird power off thing occured)

"STOP: C0000221 (Bad image checksum)
The image url.dll is possibly corrupt the header checksum does not match the CO (couldn't read da rest because it was going off the page) checksum."

If you can, try to run chkdsk /f .

I'm not sure if you can do that in what "stage" you are on your hard drive.

If worse comes to worse, take a friends HD and make it master, and yours slave, and install windows to that HD through his HD.

I'm a nub in computers...
how do I get into msdos...with only a winxp cd ?

yup

I have a 866mhz cpu, and an old asus moterhboard,

will Cicero Maxtor 120GB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive 2MB cache work good on it?

Here is a link with a bunch of boot disk loads
Boot Disks

It sounds like it might be a bad Windows installation CD. What EXACTLY were you doing? You start out with "When I restarted my computer, it couldn't go into windows...". Why were you restarting to begin with? Did the computer ever go into Windows? Were you already in the midst of an install?

You might also try the Maxtor tools to make sure your drive is ok. The tool is an EXE and it makes a bootable floppy when you run it.

Maxtor Powermax

Back