omg gateway AAA 10% discount!

ForeverUnknown

Limp Gawd
i just found out today that if you have a triple A membership, you can save 10% at gateway. i freakin got my xt pe for $421! you cannot beat that! the original price was $434 and with the discount it's $390. you have to call though. if you already placed an order, you might be able to just add the discount on without canceling it. that's what i did. omg i'm so happy. i really dont care that i'll be getting it next month now. i saved my ass over $80 from retail!!!

I just talked to an eSales person from Gateway and he told me that the 10% discount doesn't apply to Accessories but does apply to Video, Audio, etc. So I asked him how a graphic card fit in (seeing your post as well) as it was video but also an accessory. He told me that Video was more Digital Video cameras etc.

He gave me a number to call the person in charge of the AAA discounts, and I didn't write it down as the whole chat will come to me in email shortly (to which I'll edit this post or add a new one). It doesn't sound all that likely, so I was curious if you could provide more information on how you did this, etc.

thx

i just said i wanted to put a AAA discount on my order. at first they werent sure, but they looked it up and said ok. i just told them my AAA member# and that was it.

Forever I need a little favor. I ordered form Gateway on Saturday, I went on line for order status and it says will ship on June 18th. Would you be kind enought go to the site and click order status and pop you order number in and then let me know what ship date it says. I know what they told you , I want to see what their online computer says regarding it. I am crossing my fingers that I got lucky and will actualy get one sooner than next month and although non scientific, if yours says next month then there is a change that mine is an acurate time.

I would appreciate it

AAA = triple A auto club I do believe. They are a company that you can call if your car breaks down on the road, you lock yourself in, etc. They will find a local business they are partnered with to come help you. I think being a member also gets you discounts from those businesses. They also can help you map out what roads to take on long road trips, offer travel guides with reviews on hotels, restraunts, and attractions for every major area of the US. And there are other discounts and bonuses available to members not related to travel such as this graphic card thing.

jacuzz1 said:
Forever I need a little favor. I ordered form Gateway on Saturday, I went on line for order status and it says will ship on June 18th. Would you be kind enought go to the site and click order status and pop you order number in and then let me know what ship date it says. I know what they told you , I want to see what their online computer says regarding it. I am crossing my fingers that I got lucky and will actualy get one sooner than next month and although non scientific, if yours says next month then there is a change that mine is an acurate time.

I would appreciate it

I think you are not going to get your card till July 7th or later....

I ordered mine on the 2nd of June and it has yet to be shipped, within hours they went up for sale on the site. Supposedly they are only getting one small shipment of Radon x800xt PEs in June and people that did not recieve a backorder notice on the first round of orders, are the ones getting one of those.

jacuzz1 said:

I would appreciate it

mine say's it's shipping on 7/14 and i ordered, i think, last sunday

Where on the Gateway site am I supposed to find details on this deal? I've got a AAA card and that 10% off would make a nice dent in the price.

ATW said:
Where on the Gateway site am I supposed to find details on this deal? I've got a AAA card and that 10% off would make a nice dent in the price.

you have to call gateway to do it

Sounds good, if Gateway ever delivers. I gave up on them and got a 6800 Ultra. This card is awsome!

How long is the AAA deal good for and when are they estimating on shipping at this point? To do it I'd need to sell my 9800 Pro, so being out of a card for a month or two wouldn't sit too well.

ATW said:
How long is the AAA deal good for and when are they estimating on shipping at this point? To do it I'd need to sell my 9800 Pro, so being out of a card for a month or two wouldn't sit too well.

the discount has no expiration date and they are estimating 7/14-16. month away but look how much you would save

Back