Omega drivers for 9800Pro

BlackCoffee

Limp Gawd
Hey folks,

Right now I'm running w/ the directx 9.0c the official Catalyst 4.7 Drivers on my Sapphire Ati Radeon 9800pro.

I have never used the Omega Drivers before. But I downloaded and saved the install file on my HDD just now.

I have ran doom3 and it currently runs perfect/flawlessly w/ no lockups or artifacts.

#1 is the Omega Drivers worth the install over the Catalyst's?
#2 Is the correct way to go about installing is this, first uninstall catalyst drivers, reboot, then install Omega drivers?

Thanks for your help.

I believe that you ahve to keep your catalysts installed. Because the Omega Drivers uses the catalyst files or something. read about it on the site. I remember installing omega drivers on my 9000 PRO.. didnt really see a difference, but it was cool when it said: "ATI radeon 9000 PRO omega blah blah blah" lol made it look like i had a special edition card.

You don't need catalysts installed when you put the omegas, I actually think it recommends removing them beforehand.

You don't want your Cat's installed when you do the Omega's... they have the full driver version. I reccommend uninstalling/drivercleaning/installing omega's. Actually, the beta 4.9's run pretty darn good on my Sapphy. Just a suggestion.

Good luck

(finally a post that isn't "doom3/6800/x800/which card should I get?"
there, i feel better

cfetter79 said:
You don't want your Cat's installed when you do the Omega's... they have the full driver version. I reccommend uninstalling/drivercleaning/installing omega's. Actually, the beta 4.9's run pretty darn good on my Sapphy. Just a suggestion.

Good luck

(finally a post that isn't "doom3/6800/x800/which card should I get?"
there, i feel better

Hah; actually i think I'll just keep my 4.7's since they aren't giving me any problems what so ever :D

Back