OLED48C1PUB

Murzilka

Gawd
Only difference is the cpu and Freesync premium.

Edit: Freesync Premium, that wasn't initially present on the CX, was later enabled via firmware update.

Last edited:

vegeta535

Supreme [H]ardness
Here's to hoping the next C series gets the G series brightness capabilities next near.
Oh? I see there is no B series this year. So the C1 is the new low end with the G being the better panel and the 8k being top of the line now. Shitty but I don't see them making the C and G equal. Too many people were buying the C over old more expansive G for no benefit.

MistaSparkul

[H]ard|Gawd
Oh? I see there is no B series this year. So the C1 is the new low end with the G being the better panel and the 8k being top of the line now. Shitty but I don't see them making the C and G equal. Too many people were buying the C over old more expansive G for no benefit.

There is no B series because there is no room for that lineup when you compare the price of the A series which is the new entry OLED vs the C series.

rinaldo00

[H]ard|Gawd
The C tier is still the middle tier, the new low end tier is now the A tier, the top end is still the G tier.

This article explains the new lineup

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/lg-c1-vs-g1-vs-a1-which-2021-oled-tv-should-you-buy

madpistol

Gawd
In previous years, the "C" series of LG's OLED was their flagship, while the B was "step down" and anything above a C was considered "Designer" or "Gallery"... basically, an upgrade to form factor and not much else.

This year is different because the "G" series gets a legitimate spec bump compared to the C. It will be interesting to see how this diversifies LG's portfolio of OLED sets.

Also, am I missing something, or has the hype over 8K sets diminished compared to last year?

sharknice

2[H]4U
In previous years, the "C" series of LG's OLED was their flagship, while the B was "step down" and anything above a C was considered "Designer" or "Gallery"... basically, an upgrade to form factor and not much else.

This year is different because the "G" series gets a legitimate spec bump compared to the C. It will be interesting to see how this diversifies LG's portfolio of OLED sets.

Also, am I missing something, or has the hype over 8K sets diminished compared to last year?

I heard C series might switch to the new evo panels, maybe even before the C2.

rinaldo00

[H]ard|Gawd
I thought the CX already has freesync premium. And only the 77GX had the freesync premium plus.
Well the article in the first post had this
Differences
Introduced20212020
Picture Processorα9 Gen 4 AI Processor 4Kα9 Gen 3 AI Processor 4K
FreeSync VersionFreeSync PremiumFreeSync
Stadia Cloud GamingFirmware updateNo

MistaSparkul

[H]ard|Gawd
Well the article in the first post had this
Differences
Introduced20212020
Picture Processorα9 Gen 4 AI Processor 4Kα9 Gen 3 AI Processor 4K
FreeSync VersionFreeSync PremiumFreeSync
Stadia Cloud GamingFirmware updateNo

The CX got Freesync Premium through a firmware update.