• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Oldest Battlefield Player?

Believe it or not, I still play some Tribes2. There's a player on there who's name is "a 60yr old fart" (he's 60ish). I first saw him years ago, back when he was "a 50yr old fart" .:D
 
Hell, I was programming on IBM mainframes in assembly language well before some of you guys were BORN.

In my time we had to walk from work to the paper-factory and back again, uphill both-ways, to pick up them punchcards!
 
At 62 I'm still gaming. Not a lot of on-line MP anymore as my skills have diminished, but I still like PC gaming. Finished Portal 2 and Alice in the last month. I just finished a Sandy Bridge build that's a dedicated gaming machine. Not much experience with consoles, and no real desire to get into them, although some of the tech is intriguing.
 
Yeah, not surprised. I've played with older gamers too. The teenagers have the twitch reflexes, but bring a lot of drama along for the ride. Older gamers, on the other hand, tend to be easy going team players. Now who do you want in the fighter planes on your team? The kid screaming "pwned" while doing flybys over the enemy spawn on the other side of the map, or the pensioner who's providing air support when and where it's needed? :p
 
My Halo 2 "clan" (more like a loose association of people that play games) got our asses handed to us in a match against a clan of "granny gamers". It pissed my clan-mates off so much. I thought it was fucking hilarious.
 
I have an older friend Moe who is 86, was actually in the Battle of the Bulge, and loves FPS on his PC. He is a big fan of the CoD series and Bulletstorm. He is currently playing DNF...
 
Oh my GOD! He did burst fire instead of holding the fire button down like the console n00bs! He is PC gamer material!
 
Yeah, not surprised. I've played with older gamers too. The teenagers have the twitch reflexes, but bring a lot of drama along for the ride. Older gamers, on the other hand, tend to be easy going team players. Now who do you want in the fighter planes on your team? The kid screaming "pwned" while doing flybys over the enemy spawn on the other side of the map, or the pensioner who's providing air support when and where it's needed? :p

Exactly this. :) Older gamers are usually chill. I have played with some old gamers before too. Sweet video anyways though!
 
Yeah, not surprised. I've played with older gamers too. The teenagers have the twitch reflexes, but bring a lot of drama along for the ride. Older gamers, on the other hand, tend to be easy going team players. Now who do you want in the fighter planes on your team? The kid screaming "pwned" while doing flybys over the enemy spawn on the other side of the map, or the pensioner who's providing air support when and where it's needed? :p

I've played with some good geriatric gamers, but I've also played with some that were just using the game as a substitute for bridge club, more interested in chatting (at 8wpm) than playing. It goes both ways.
 
He is not even close. When I ran a BF2 clan a few years ago we had a guy that was 83 in the clan. He was so old he fought in WWII. He had a lot of heart but he was a terrible player. He won a lot of Purple Hearts.

But we loved the old guy. Never let him play in a match or scrim but hey he was fun to pub with, as long as you didn't rely on him to save your butt.
 
he actually made me smile knowing he is happy with what he is doing. thread almost turned into a console hate threat though fast. gamers are gamers, whatever the platform is. sorry if some people are not the uber elite when they don't play on PC's though ;)
 
i am older than this guy and i play COD4 and 2, every night.

just look for A Anunaki!!! on steam.
 
you either go back to work after retiring or you find something to do. Games are a hell of a lot cheaper than golf.
 
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the geezers of war!
I see what you did there...

I tend to play the support roles online too...or at least I will again once I finish running Cat5 through the new house. And I'm not even half this guy's age!
 
Viral Ad or not that put a smile on my face and that guy does sound just like Borat
 
Cute Video however we have several clan members older and more skilled (PS3 yuck).

theblackhats.us

OLDMAN and ONEYE 67 and 69 respectfully.

Your never to old to game and have fun!
 
My dad is 62 and his brother who is 57 still plays battlefield and call of duty. It's awesome to be able to game with them.

Hell, I think they're more pumped about BF3 than I am :)
 
My father-in-law is about to turn 70 and he plays his XBox 360 about 3 hours a day... more if it is a really good game. He doesn't have any mental signs of aging, and his reflexes are amazing. He puts up a great fight online and whips his grandchildren's ass all the time.

My 67 year old father stopped gaming years ago and he is in worse physical shape, he has his moments when I repeat the question to see if it has registered. His grandson got him up and moving with the Kinect and he liked it so much he got one for his house.

Now my mother says a gaming monster has emerged and my father has lost 5 pounds over the last couple weeks.

So say what you will but playing games keeps your mind sharp and will improve your reflexes.
 
There are lots of Old Farts playing battlefield. We have a clan called Old Men Online [OMO] where the majority of members are 50+. As for my I'm 72 and play all the Battlefield series on a PC along with COD and do a lot of racing in HEAT ONLINE and if you think Old means Slow jump on and race with NNC, I race under the clan NNC Old Coot and am one of the fastest racers on the Thunder Alley races
 
Eh. Doesn't matter to me if he's holding the console but I do find it odd he was pressing the X button and I did find it odd he barely did any moving whatsoever.

I'm going to take a guess and say that he's watching a video (due to the positions he's in while he's "playing" while messing around with a controller in the bottom. And I'm guessing the guy behind the PSN ID is the guy who made the video.

If it was tagged differently then I might feel better. However, this is borderline deceptive.
 
If this guy gaming on an xbox, ps3 or whatever really bugs anyone that much, they should try to get out of the house a little more often. It's pretty amazing that this guy is even playing IMO. Cut him a little slack.

here are my 3 characters: qft
 
Hell, I was programming on IBM mainframes in assembly language well before some of you guys were BORN.

Just confirming that learning and programming assembly language still sucks (going into my senior year of college and using microcontrollers instead of mainframes). :cool:
 
Back
Top