• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Older system not POSTing

Derokorian

n00b
Joined
Jun 26, 2010
Messages
9
I have my old MP setup still and I've finally decided to try to get it working again, so I stripped it down set up it out of the case on static free bag. My system is not POSTing and the speaker isn't beeping. I have verified the GPU still works by placing it in my main system. I put the memory in my friends box, and it worked just fine.

The hardware:
2x AMD Athlon 64 FX-70
2x 1GB Geil DDR2 PC2 6400
Asus L1N64-SLI WS
GeForce 7600 GS DDR2 512MB
Corsair 550W PSU

I have no idea what to try at this point. I've reseated the CPUs, switched them and still nothing. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
 
Yeah I've cleared cmos, tried the PSU in my current computer with it as well (just in case it wasn't getting enough power, tho it should since its just the necessities). The thing that gets me is the lack of beeping, clearly something is wrong that is making it not POST but with no error code to work from I'm at a complete loss.
 
Remove all unnecessary hardware. Then test again. If it still fails pull a dimm and test again.
 
Currently the only things connected are the CPUs, CPU fans, 1 Dimm (tho i thought i had to have 1 dim per cpu so I've been keeping 2 in except for this test), PSU and GPU no HDDs, PCI cards, Optical drives, none of it >.<

Btw sorry I guess I should have mentioned that only the bare minimum was hooked up.
 
No sir / ma'am. I took out both CPUs just to make sure the speaker would beep and it does, which makes me think it is POSTing and not using the video card for output, altho there is no on-board video option to use instead.
 
Back
Top