Older Swiftech Kit?

Its a decent kit but it seems overpriced to me. For 50 more you can get the apex ultra kit with the storm block and the dual fan radiator.

Anime_Fan said:
Its a decent kit but it seems overpriced to me. For 50 more you can get the apex ultra kit with the storm block and the dual fan radiator.
How about if it was practically new (used for one week) and it was only $155?
I would need to get tubing and coolant.

the block and pump are okay, the rad is acceptable: if the price is right, snap it up.

if you decide to add a GPU block at some later date, you would probably want to pick up a second rad, but for the CPU only.......it should be just fine.

DFI Daishi said:
the block and pump are okay, the rad is acceptable: if the price is right, snap it up.

if you decide to add a GPU block at some later date, you would probably want to pick up a second rad, but for the CPU only.......it should be just fine.
does $155 shipped sound like "the price is right"?

CRXican said:
does $155 shipped sound like "the price is right"?
if you are engaged in actual bargaining, see if you can get them to knock off the price of a bottle of zerex or hydrx and a bit of tubing (if you haven't already bartered it down) but i was mainly meaning a price that you can easily afford when i said "the right price"

just a reminder, i live in canada, so i don't usually shop for hardware or pay shipping in US dollars. i don't know what the going rate for a used kit of this sort is.

just make sure that if it is a person to person sale, that the declared value is good and low, if it is not being shipped as a gift, to save on taxes. if you do get it shipped as a gift, make sure that the declared value is MSRP, for insurance reasons.

sweet....just went up a ranking :)

It's in the FS/FT fourm here. Asking price was $145+ shipping and I offered $155 shipped (east cost to west coast). Then I decided I wasn't sure about it. It still hasn't sold so I guess I could offer less. I don't wanna rip the guy off but I also don't want to spend $155.

You could get a complete kit with everything you will need and your choice of blocks HERE for less

Jman1 wrote:
"You could get a complete kit with everything you will need and your choice of blocks HERE for less"

Do those kits work well? This crap is so confusing researching wc. I noticed he has Danger Den Maze blocks but it seems that he puts a "polar flo" mount over them making them look kind of ugly. Or is that not the case. What about those pumps, do they work hot or what?

The pictures all show a PolarFlow block if you buy the dd kit you would get the block you order.

I can tell you from actual use that the pump used (120v Quiet One) will cause a lot of monitor jiggle if placed close to an older monitor.

I can't speak for a newer model but it makes my 10yr old 21" Hitachi shimmy like a bad belly dancer.

I had a 12v Danger Den D5 next to the same monitor within 6 inches and it didn't have that problem.

Just thought you might be interested FWIW.

Anime_Fan said:

Doesn't the Apex Ultra come with the Apogee CPU block instead of the Storm? I haven't read up enough on the Apogee to know what the general opinion on it is.

Back