Old X Box Hard Drive

jcthe2nd

n00b
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
2
I was given a old xbox hard drive the other day its a Samsung SP1213N 120 gig hard drive
firmware version TL100-24 but i can't fdisk or format or even low level format the drive as its been locked by the xbox.
I have emaild samsung to get the firmware file but thay say thay cant help me.
I have phoned Microsoft and thay say its only for use with the xbox console and would not help me.
so i heve been serching high and low for the firmware for this drive but cant find it. I have been told i can use this drive if i reflash it with the original firmware and it will wipe out the password.
I just want to use in my pc. have seen articles abot seagate drives but none about samsung can some one please help me?
PS i dont want to pay for it to get unlocked as it not worth it i could buy a 250gig for the same price
but its the challenge i want to beat . :D
 
There are programs that'll do the magic ATA tricks and "unlock" the HDD for you. Checking into the Xbox modding scene will help a lot. I unlocked my original 8gb drive for use in my ipcop, and put a 120 into the Xbox, which then "locked" it so the Xbox could use it, but makes it unusuable in PCs until similarly "unlocked".

Shouldn't be a difficult task at all.
 
The Xbox hard drive is out of a dead xbox and the xbox is now scrapped yes it was an upgraded hard drive not shure of the ver. I have had no luck on the xbox mod scene as u need to hot swap the drive to first unlock it and i have no xbox any other suggestions thnx for your time in helping me solve this problem. :confused:
 
there are some hdd unlocking tools out there that might work --some mods use their own default locking 'key'
more info can be found on xbox-scene.com
 
I never hot swapped. I believe I used xboxhdm, search google for it.
 
Back
Top