Old video card question

drnilly007

Gawd
I have this ati x700 pro AGP, I bought it not knowing tha AGP comes in 1.0 2.0 and 3.0 I have a comp that is 2.0 so I cant test it. Does anyone know if it needs external power kinda like pci express on modern cards? I know that there are four pins on the end of the card that fit onto the four pin power connector the only reason I ask is because the card brand new is supposed to come with a power connector which I have no idea what that looks like...

ebeattie

Limp Gawd
I did a search on google images for that agp version. it appears to me that its a floppy disk driver power connector no?

minishotglass

Limp Gawd
You might be able to do a search on ebay and find an adapter from a four pin molex to the connector on the card. Posting a pic would definitely help

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
You don't need any power for an x700. Even with an old 2.0 slot you will be fine.

drnilly007

Gawd
I just dont understand why brand new it comes with a power connector piece. Yes the floppy power connector fits the four pins on the end of the board where nowadays there is a pci express connector

drnilly007

Gawd
and its a 3.0 slot card but i didnt know that there were different version agp slots . this card fits a 2.0 but isnt compatible

BBA

Supreme [H]ardness
I remember something about that floppy connector...just not what the details were. Hmmm.

drnilly007

Gawd
yea i tried putting it in a 2.0 slot but didnt get any video signal from it my montior just stayed in standby mode