Old Skewl?

benutne

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 15, 2001
Messages
1,492
Heh. Now that the P4 Northwood is getting a little long in the tooth, I decided to resurrect an old motherboard. The Abit BD7II-R. I have a friend whos motherboard and CPU crapped out on him, so I offered to give him the board for free if he would purchase the CPU and heatsink to go with it.

He purchased a refurbished P4 2.26 from ComputerGeeks along with some elcheapo aluminum heatsink. He used all of his old stuff in the new build. MSI Ti4800, Antec 380W power supply, generic (as far as I can tell, never heard of the brand) PC2700 RAM.

I ran Prime95 overnight at 2.82GHz. It posted, booted Windows, and ran Prime for a few minutes at 2.98GHz, but Prime died (crashed) after a few minutes. I think its a cooling problem. Voltage is set at 1.65. Oh. And the RAM is running at CAS2.
 
Back
Top