• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Old School X6800 VID Question

OC-Chronic

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 14, 2010
Messages
234
Heyya all, =)

I just got my hands on an old school X6800 to play around with. The VID in CoreTemp is 1.325v. I was wondering if anyone knew what a good VID for the C2-6000 series might be. For the x6800 the range is 0.8v to 1.5v so I imagine mine is dead center average. What would be a good low VID for overclocking on these chips?

Thanx in advance :D
 
Does your motherboard fully support your X6800? The multiplier and VID is adjustable on the X6800 but some motherboards don't allow you to take full advantage of these features. If you have that problem then check out this program.

ThrottleStop 4.00
http://www.techinferno.com/downloads/

Click on the UNLK (unlock) button and you can increase the multiplier and VID as high as you like. I believe the maximum VID tops out at 1.6125 for your CPU. With adequate voltage, these CPUs can run reliably at about 3600 MHz if you have a good one. If you keep the voltage at 1.325, your maximum fully stable overclock won't be much over 3000 MHz.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top