old school D4 pump

mlivvy

n00b
Was out scavenging pc parts in my garage and found an old D4 pump I had circa 04. lt instantly reminded me of my watercooling days and i'm interested again. :D

So my question is.. Since i've been out of the loop for so long.. Can I use this D4 pump in conjunction with the newer water blocks out now? Is it worthwhile or is it outdated/junk now?

It's still a common design. Should be good to go as long as it still works (and seals).

I'm running an identical pump now sold as a mcp655... pushes fine through 3 blocks and 2 rads :)

I am also currently using a first gen D4 pump currently while I mod my ddc 3.1 a bit for my new build, while it is loud as hell with an incessant whine, it is performing well. It was my first dedicated WC pump (had a iwaki aquarium pump before) and I have used it over the years to leak test components. Overall they were good pumps.

thanks for the replys. I do remember it is loud as hell so I might replace it anyway.

I have 3 of those and have used them forever it seems.. since i started water cooling many many years ago.

Plenty of power and you can use all those custom tops made for D5 pumps no prob.

I was just using them in the last build a month or so ago. 2 sperate loops:

EK Supreme HF CPU block and EK Evga CLassified MB block to a TC PA 120.3.
DD 480GTX SLI water blocks to a TC PA 120.3

One each run i had a Laing D4 pump installed in a XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir for Laing D5. D4 is the same size and will fit any top made for a 655 or D5.

I'll most likely have the 2 heavy used and one "like new" used D4 pumps and 2 of those XSPC Top/Res for sale soon.

I've moved one and just bought up 6 DDC 3.1/350 pumps and 2 of those XSPC tripple pump tops for a dead silent water cooling build since i'll beable to hear the pumps over the new quiet fans i'll be using.

P.S. If you have a look here, you'll find that they sell some nice replacement and custom tops for that D4/D5 pump if you want/need them. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=59_439_775

eclypse thats awesome info thanks! I may be interested in one of those XSPC res if you decide to sell'em.

Back