Old People Playing The Last Of Us

I thin one of the guys was jewish, The whole time he was just saying things like "zombies to the left zombies to the right, you cant go anywhere" and at the end he said he liked it. It completely reminded me of my friend I work with lol.

Good post. Loved their comments.

It's comical watching them realize the game mechanics after watching their avatar get eaten several times consecutively. :D

One guys like he gave him the gun and he ran off!! Yes cuz your supposed to follow him LOL.

I feel like this video could almost double as a 'Guide to how to make people realize video games can be an art form and enjoyable too!'. You really just need 1 game to draw people in emotionally and create that first 'positive' gaming 'experience'. From then on, they'll be hooked all by themselves.

I feel like this video could almost double as a 'Guide to how to make people realize video games can be an art form and enjoyable too!'. You really just need 1 game to draw people in emotionally and create that first 'positive' gaming 'experience'. From then on, they'll be hooked all by themselves.

Dilemma : I haven't played anything before / since it came out that I enjoyed quite as much. It's easily the best game I've ever played and I find the other games I've played since pale in comparison. My previous "favorite games ever" have been pushed down the list and have certainly lost some of their lustre.

The vid was funny. But I must agree with a couple of the people in the video that mentioned it is not a game. It's a movie with very little interaction.

I pay $15 for movies if I want to purchase them not $60. Also... I only mention this as I bought a ps4 for bloodborne. The included game was this one "The Last of Us". As a person that has played games since around 1979 I feel ashamed that anyone could claim this was a good game and then have it remade for the next gen console.

Just my two cents and feelings toward this particular game.

The vid was funny. But I must agree with a couple of the people in the video that mentioned it is not a game. It's a movie with very little interaction.

I pay $15 for movies if I want to purchase them not $60. Also... I only mention this as I bought a ps4 for bloodborne. The included game was this one "The Last of Us". As a person that has played games since around 1979 I feel ashamed that anyone could claim this was a good game and then have it remade for the next gen console.

That sums up the issues I have with the TellTale "adventure" games they made for Walking Dead, Back to the Future, Game of Thrones, etc... They're not really games, just somewhat interactive stories. I consider games like Monkey Island to be richer in content AND playability compared to the almost mindless nature of these recent interactive movies.

Well they clearly haven't played the game. It's cutscene heavy at the start but there is tons of gameplay. The versus multiplayer mode is even pretty awesome.

Are you f-ing serious? Well, sir, if you could please provide us lesser folk a list of your approved games, that would be jolly magnanimous of you. Wouldn't want you to feel ashamed or anything. :rolleyes:

That one lady who complained about it being "sick"... She is always saying everything is stupid or bad. I'm surprised they keep having her back.

You can not prefer or like certain genres of anything (and everything), that will be mostly personal preference. May I suggest you think of things you don't "like" in that context instead of "being ashamed" of people that just prefer different things.

Fact is most people enjoyed and thought "Last of Us" was one of an elite list of great games in the history of games.

I can't stand "Citizen Kane", that doesn't mean all the people that think its one of the best movies of all times "shame" me. They just prefer a genre of movie I do not. As a matter of fact all the awards and top lists just prove to me its probably a quality movie just one I do not personally like, rather than a poor example of the genre.

Quite honestly game mechanics can make a game alone... but so can story. Imo they are 2 different aspects of this entertainment market just like comedy or drama. Different people weigh both aspects differently.

I thought Last of Us had a good story for video games, it did immerse you more than its peers and created an emotional reaction at the end, a sign of a good story. Game play was pretty standard 3rd person shooter/stealth but done very well. Doing well enough in both areas make it a top game of all time imo.

I feel like this could double as a 'Gaming, just where did things go wrong?' video. Remember when games used to have gameplay? Remember when games were fun and exciting? Now you just sit and watch crap on the screen. Fuck forms of art and emotion, I want to have fun.

Gaming peaked between 1996 and 2000 and since then it's been all down hill. I still play a few Quakeworld duels on dm4 against a bot every day. Now that's gameing! Fun, fast paced, high skill, exciting, no story - 100% pure gameplay. Now every thing is boring, slow, zero skill, no excitement, endless cut scenes.

I still buy indie games since some of them are more gameplay focused, but I haven't bought a big budget game in years.

I feel like this could double as a 'Gaming, just where did things go wrong?' video. Remember when games used to have gameplay? Remember when games were fun and exciting? Now you just sit and watch crap on the screen. Fuck forms of art and emotion, I want to have fun.

Gaming peaked between 1996 and 2000 and since then it's been all down hill. I still play a few Quakeworld duels on dm4 against a bot every day. Now that's gameing! Fun, fast paced, high skill, exciting, no story - 100% pure gameplay. Now every thing is boring, slow, zero skill, no excitement, endless cut scenes.

I still buy indie games since some of them are more gameplay focused, but I haven't bought a big budget game in years.

Thanks for the update, grandpa. After your afternoon nap, maybe you can give some thought about how you don't get to define what good gaming is for everyone else. Have your opinion, but spare us peasants this snarky pretense that every game since 2000 is flawed because it doesn't meet your out-of-date standards. Thanks.

Thanks for the update, grandpa. After your afternoon nap, maybe you can give some thought about how you don't get to define what good gaming is for everyone else. Have your opinion, but spare us peasants this snarky pretense that every game since 2000 is flawed because it doesn't meet your out-of-date standards. Thanks.

Yea, seriously what's his next comment "Get off my lawn with the crappy game...." I'm in my late 30s, and still play games on a regular basis, and actually just finished Last of US a few weeks ago. I got it for XMAS.

And while the beginning is very cinematic, there is tons of gameplay after that one scene. I actually didn't like it at first either, as the controls were hard to master, and I didn't understand the mechanics of gameplay, as I was trying to kill everything in my path. When I finally realized that using strategy, and stealth helped alot, I really fell in love with it, and finished it within 7-10 days.

If you haven't found any games since 2000 that you liked or thought weren't done well, they you simply haven't played enough of them, and secondly, give a game a real chance before you give up on it, and say its a crap. The character development in Last of Us is among the best I have ever seen, and that's saying alot because of the sheer number of games that I've played.

The Last of Us is probably the best game I've ever played. it's the only game I've ever bought DLC for.

TLOU had a ton of GoTY/GOAT game under the first 1 hr of cinematics so that's your loss, however I'd absolutely love you to give us your insight into TellTale games, The Order, or Beyond Two Souls/ Heavy Rain.

I hate all of those and to me those more closet describe your thoughts about TLOU.

Back