• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Old Outlook contacts list & emails

Taffy Apple

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
376
I know this refers to outlook, but the contacts are on an old disk I have lying round and there's no data recovery section going on in H.

Simply put, what files/folders do I need to recover to get my old contacts and emails, if at all possible?

Cheers
 
I believe that there is a .pst file that you need to grab in "document and settings\your user name\application settings..."

However, I don't think that you can just copy and past that file, since outlook is much more complicated than that.
 
Yes, if you download your email (read: Not using Microsoft Exchange) you have to create a .PST file that's located where the above gentlemen stated. As long as you didn't password protect it and lose the password, you can just copy it and re-import it to your new Outlook. Even if you lost the password there are other means of getting into it.

c:\documents and settings\username\application data\microsoft\outlook

There are other files in that folder if you've created custom rules and custom address books. Look for files such as .pab and .rwz.

Check out the bottom link to help you out.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000457.htm#05

Edit: BTW, if you do a Windows search and you don't have hidden files turned off you will not find the PST. I've seen this before. Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View Uncheck: Hide extensions of known file types and turn off do not show hidden files.
 
Back
Top