Old Klipsch 2.1 Pro Media speakers only outputting bass

Lifelite

Supreme [H]ardness
I realize there's a lot of threads about these things, but this morning when I powered on the PC, noticed I was only getting bass...nothing going to the 2 L and R speakers. Reseated cables, tried other devices, etc...no dice.

Some threads say the pre-amp is probably the culprit but there isn't a consensus that I can find after 30 minutes of googling, particularly with my model (black Klipsch sticker, "serial" port pre-amp connector. No bluetooth)

I'd hate to say goodbye to these speakers after only 5 years of use, they have been amazing speakers! I'm savvy with soldering and just electronics repair in general, but before I take things apart to try and figure it out I figured I'd ask here too see if anyone has experience with this issue and possible fixes.

Well wtf, they just randomly started working fine again. I'm so confused.

Maybe overheated then cooled down, or intermittent connection. Jiggle and pull the cables, move the speakers and sub around, firmly tap on them. Turns the adjust pots min to max, whatever else you can think of to recreate the problem. If it is a faulty connection it should be easy to fix once found.

Maybe overheated then cooled down, or intermittent connection. Jiggle and pull the cables, move the speakers and sub around, firmly tap on them. Turns the adjust pots min to max, whatever else you can think of to recreate the problem. If it is a faulty connection it should be easy to fix once found.
I was fucking with shit, then gave up and turned to work for a few hours. Did a pc restart for unrelated reasons and my sub started popping a lot then buzzing...then it just started working fine. Not even getting the subwoofer hum that's been a thing since first owning the system. I have no clue, maybe I knocked something back in place when I bonked it out of frustration earlier :ROFLMAO:

Mine went out a few months back, nothing at all. Maybe I need to knock them around harder. Had the same subwoofer hum though.

I bought my son a new desk and put it together yesterday. His are doing the exact same thing now. All we did was unhook everything and set it aside when we redid his room. Not sure what's up with it.

I bought my son a new desk and put it together yesterday. His are doing the exact same thing now. All we did was unhook everything and set it aside when we redid his room. Not sure what's up with it.
Yeah I tore mine apart when it happened again and I cannot see anything wrong. Capacitors look fine, everything is soldered fine, no loose cables or anything. No clue...so just ended up getting myself an Edifier set and set them aside to be looked at when I have more time.

Yeah I tore mine apart when it happened again and I cannot see anything wrong. Capacitors look fine, everything is soldered fine, no loose cables or anything. No clue...so just ended up getting myself an Edifier set and set them aside to be looked at when I have more time.
20230703_190941_HDR~2.jpg

Opened it up. Left channel fuse was blown. Replaced and working fine.

Back