• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Old drives still have any value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ep0x73

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Sep 5, 2013
Messages
2,663
I have a pair of 7200.11 500G drives out of warranty but rock solid albeit slow compared to today's standards.
I also have 3 WD AALS 500G drives also out of warranty but flawless.

I never sold drives but they are just getting older and are not being used.

Do people even buy drives without a warranty?

They appear to be going for between 40-50 bucks on ebay.
I assume that is a "fair" price?
 
or just build somekind of raid box from those and make one big drive :) with drive pooling or raid.. or whatever makes u happy :)
 
I hear ya, if I had one more AALS I could do a raid 10 and get some speed from them.
They are pretty damn slow.

They peak at 95 and average 75 in HDtune.

Decent 5 years ago for a WD black two platter but not by today's standard.

surprised so many are for sale on ebay for 50 bucks and are selling.

I'd sell them all off if I could and take that $$ and buy larger, faster drives.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top