Old DFI Nforce2 with constant random hangs

CzarDestructo

Limp Gawd
So I dug out all the parts that used to be my main rig (it's actually still in my sig, which hasn't changed since 2004 heh) and hooked it up in my living room with the intention of using it as an HTPC. I quickly realized it wasn't running quite right, it constantly hangs for no apparent reason. Whats strange is it starts off fine but if I do anything that taxes the computer a bit it hangs, for a long time. Sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes several minutes. Once it hangs the first time, the next time seems to come quicker and quicker until I'm forced to reboot. It's unusable.

I really suspect it's hard drive based, because I can't think of anything else that would cause the computer to completely STOP (mouse and everything) for long periods of time then come back perfectly normal. I get no errors at all in the windows logs which perplexes me further. I got a hard drive benchmarking program and ran that 2-3 times and never had a problem.

Is anyone aware of any NFII quirks like this possibly related to drivers? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

OCed Barton
DFI Infinity NFII
Nvidia 6800 unlocked
160gig IDE hard drive I had kicking around
Windows XP (no service packs)

Back