Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"

If only it were as simple as the GPU addition. Then there's drivers that never work right that people complain about constantly in this forum. There's the larger power supply that's required to support otherwise unnecessary functionality. There's more cooling fans that can fail or, in the case of really demented people, containers filled with liquid. Motherboards and cases must be larger than otherwise necessary to offer the additional internal space needed...and so on. A PC that's used for games that require something beyond integrated Intel graphics is just an expensive mistake on the part of the owner.

My troll post readings are off the charts!

I won't fall for this one CreepyUncle.

It's too bad the game isn't optimized for cards with 2Gb VRAM and the stutter that the article mentions is indeed present. The latest patch did fix one of the main issues I was having with the game which was frequent GPU utilization drops into the 40-50% range for no apparent reason causing the fps to get cut in half as well. These utilization drops occurred more when I would turn on my over clocks.

Since the patch fixed this issue the game runs very smooth for me with everything maxed out including the GameWorks features. The stutter that occurs with the game isn't that terrible either.

In the several articles I've read about how the re-release performs, the main fix is that you need to have more than 12GB of system RAM; if you have less than 12GB, the game stutters due to disk paging. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

In the several articles I've read about how the re-release performs, the main fix is that you need to have more than 12GB of system RAM; if you have less than 12GB, the game stutters due to disk paging. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

I have 16Gb of RAM and still notice some stuttering but it may be a different kind of stutter than what the articles are referring to.

Thing is, The PS4 and the XB1 have 8 GB ram shared between graphics and the system/game, and somehow there it doesn't stutter.

But if you go to PC on Windows 7 it will stutter no matter what, and their solution is "Close and restart the game so the pagefile is cleared!", while yeah their solution for Windows 10 is to ask 50% more system ram, alongside a 4GB graphics card (for a total combined of 16 GB= twice the memory of the consoles).

I have the game, i just won't play it for quite a while more, it isn't like we all don't have ridiculously large steam queues ;) :p

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596369779495

They will be offering full refunds until the end of the year:

"We are very sorry that many our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues.

Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.

Thank you,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment"

The refund still abides by Steam's policies, which means:

""We will not be granting a refund at this time. Either the date of the purchase exceeds 2 weeks or playtime exceeds 2 hours (the refund policy maximums).""

In other words, if you trusted them as a faithful fan, even if you had the performance issues, well, now you know better never to trust WB. Remember that 4 months have passed since the game actually came out.

If only it were as simple as the GPU addition. Then there's drivers that never work right that people complain about constantly in this forum. There's the larger power supply that's required to support otherwise unnecessary functionality. There's more cooling fans that can fail or, in the case of really demented people, containers filled with liquid. Motherboards and cases must be larger than otherwise necessary to offer the additional internal space needed...and so on. A PC that's used for games that require something beyond integrated Intel graphics is just an expensive mistake on the part of the owner.

If you have a single GPU, you don't need a big PSU. People buy them, but if you look at [H] reviews, it's clear that even AMD's thirstiest cards can get by with a 500 W PSU. Most could probably live with 400-450...and all of these are available for 100 bucks or less, so it's not a big deal. PSUs last for years. The only one I had that died was 300W and I fixed it by putting a new (working) fan in it...so really the PSU was fine.

The refund still abides by Steam's policies, which means:

""We will not be granting a refund at this time. Either the date of the purchase exceeds 2 weeks or playtime exceeds 2 hours (the refund policy maximums).""

In other words, if you trusted them as a faithful fan, even if you had the performance issues, well, now you know better never to trust WB. Remember that 4 months have passed since the game actually came out.

Warner's post has since been updated with this:

"EDIT BY VALVE: For users still running into playtime based refund rejections, we are looking into what is causing those. Please wait to re-submit your refund until we have this resolved. Thank you."

Back