old arctic silver?

pancakes

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 29, 2005
Messages
127
I have a 3.5 gram tube of arctic silver 5 from about a year ago. I borrowed it from a friend and took a look at it. It is dark grey and very sticky unlike the generic theremal grease I've used before. It's very difficult to spread with a credit card and im not sure if it's ok to use. :confused:
 
pancakes said:
I have a 3.5 gram tube of arctic silver 5 from about a year ago. I borrowed it from a friend and took a look at it. It is dark grey and very sticky unlike the generic theremal grease I've used before. It's very difficult to spread with a credit card and im not sure if it's ok to use. :confused:
Yep, AS5 spreads really thick, that's how it's supposed to be. :)

Good luck, also, check AS's website for proper application instructions.
 
You'll want it as thin as possible. Follow the Arctic Silver instructions on their website like Diredesire said.
 
Shadow27 said:
You'll want it as thin as possible. Follow the Arctic Silver instructions on their website like Diredesire said.

not always, in my experience a slightly thicker layer helps on cpus with an IHS

D
 
Back
Top