old 360 question

No. There are 3rd party devices that add more usb ports and allow the use of normal component cables, but I don't think the internals of the non-HDMI 360's will allow an HDMI adapter. I think HDMI is overrated anyway..I prefer to use the superior combo of component + optical out to a surround reciever.
 
doesnt that cable only output 1080i and not 1080p? i really want to be able to display a 1080p image on my 24" westy monitor. btw the monitor has one VGA input and one hdmi input and i want to be able to connect my pc and my 360 at the same time
 
get a DVI to HDMI cable for your PC, connect 360 to VGA, problem solved.
 
get a DVI to HDMI cable for your PC, connect 360 to VGA, problem solved.

What he said. My 360 is hooked up to my display via the VGA cable, and my PC is using the DVI on the monitor. If I was in your boat, with VGA and HDMI, then I'd still hook my Xbox up via the VGA, and get the DVI to HDMI cable for my computer.
 
I think HDMI is overrated anyway..I prefer to use the superior combo of component + optical out to a surround reciever.
How is that superior? You're running four cables instead of one, the optical cable is easily kinked/broken, and the component cables are incapable of HDCP for hi-def disc playing.

If I could hook everything up to my receiver in HDMI, I would. Wouldn't even think twice about it.
 
I think HDMI is overrated anyway..I prefer to use the superior combo of component + optical out to a surround reciever.

How is that superior? You're running four cables instead of one, the optical cable is easily kinked/broken, and the component cables are incapable of HDCP for hi-def disc playing.

If I could hook everything up to my receiver in HDMI, I would. Wouldn't even think twice about it.

Yeah, I don't see anything terribly wrong with HDMI compared to its predecssors; its basically DVI + a higher-bandwidth SPDIF interface in only one cable, with a rather small connector too.

Not to mention, like erwos mentioned, you lose HDCP over component, and you start hitting the maximum bandwidth for 1080p data on analog cables (i.e. visible difference between 1080p Component vs DVI output).
 
Back
Top