OkCupid: We Experiment On Human Beings!

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess if Facebook does it and no one did anything about it, these guys shouldn't have anything to worry about either.

We noticed recently that people didn’t like it when Facebook “experimented” with their news feed. Even the FTC is getting involved. But guess what, everybody: if you use the Internet, you’re the subject of hundreds of experiments at any given time, on every site. That’s how websites work.

The only reason anyone uses OKCupid is because it's free. It's basically a joke site. Don't they gauge users on how "attractive" they are and actually hide "good looking" people from "bad looking" people?

They can yap about their magical algorithms all they want, but the most that anything these sites will be are glorified singles listings.

The only reason anyone uses OKCupid is because it's free. It's basically a joke site. Don't they gauge users on how "attractive" they are and actually hide "good looking" people from "bad looking" people?

They can yap about their magical algorithms all they want, but the most that anything these sites will be are glorified singles listings.

Aren't all online dating sites singles listings? Isn't that the very purpose of it? Except the ones for married men looking for mistresses.

Disgruntled much? Every person I've ever heard that complains that dating sites are a scam are too ugly or boring to get dates from them. If you're a fat, lonely, boring, loser in the real dating scene what makes you think dating sites will be the holy grail of dates?

Noscript+adblock+donottrackme make sure nobody experiment on me :D

Just to chime in (as a recently single man who is currently using dating websites) , I didn't really like OKC (It's empty in my area) , POF is much better as far as "free" website goes.

The only cool feature on OKC is the questions but it also voids a bunch of social exchanges you could have with said person.

Eh, I use it (son of a bi.. it's the same username there)...

I take the match percentage with a grain of salt. I mean, I'm a Catholic but know I'm not a saint and I'm not looking for a saint, but anyone with match percentage above 95% with me is an evangelical Christian which would drive me insane.

Back