• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Okay I broke down.

darktiger

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2007
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
11,819
I broke down and decided to get the BFG 6800GT. It is here on my counter, and I do not know if I should unwrap in and put it in. I feel kind of guilty. Even though I only spend $220 dollars, I still feel guilty. Did/Do I really need it? I guess my 9700Pro is still good enough right guys?
 
How did you spend only $220? UNWRAP IT AND INSTALL IT! Its FAR better than the 9700p! I would love to have one, but bills come first. :(
 
seriously, DESTROY IT WITH A HAMMER. AND TAKE PICS OR A SMALL MOVIE

I would SOOOOO much love to see that.

Buy a High-End Card, and smash it into pieces!!!!
 
I got canned heat in my heels tonight baby, throw in that GT and sell your 9700.
 
Shogo said:
seriously, DESTROY IT WITH A HAMMER. AND TAKE PICS OR A SMALL MOVIE

I would SOOOOO much love to see that.

Buy a High-End Card, and smash it into pieces!!!!

Wouldnt that be blasphemy.
 
Before I take it out of the package, which drivers should I use, 65.76 or 66.31?
 
if it helps your decision any, i put my 9700 pro on e-bay YESTERDAY for $75 and a BIN of $125 and sold it in a few hours.
and i have a 6800GT on the way..... :D
 
I find the 9700 pro plenty good enough for my needs, but if I already HAD the 6800GT, why not install it unless you want to profit off of it?
 
MemoryInAGarden,

Have you ever played Doom3 (or FarCry) with a 6800GT with everything set on the highest?

Or the warm fuzzy feeling you get when a game autodetects your visual settings for you and sets everything on the highest?

Trust me I know, I have a 9700Pro also (oc'ed with VGA Silencer Rev. 3) and I thought it did pretty good....until I got the 6800GT (best $300 I ever spent...of course I said the same when I bought my 9700Pro a few years back, but that was an upgrade from a Radeon 7200 VIVO 64MB). :D
 
Back
Top