• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Okay Brethren I have a question......

machwireless

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
1,193
Okay. Its Thanksgiving and I am really a huge Scrooge but I kinda want to go home to ATL, well, Augusta, GA, for the holiday but then again I kinda don't want to look at my family for say about 15 years.

Should I go?

And if so, should I.......
drive (10hrs, $150, and physical anguish however being empowered to leave the SOBs whenever I feel like it),
fly (1hr and $600 bucks, $10 cab ride, and no car),
take the train (13hrs, $420, calling someone to pick me up an hour away, and no car),
or take the bus (17hrs, $220, $10 cab ride, and no car)?
 
Flying will take considerably more than an hour, once you include travel to/from the airport, time to check in, get through security, board, taxi, etc.

For a trip that close, I would recommend driving. It gives you flexibility once you're there, too, so you can go hit the Black Friday sales and build cheap folding boxen.

See, the question's in the right forum!

 
Just make sure you borg something, and bring stuff home to borg, and tell us what and when you borged it.....

And there's a pattern here.... :D

So I think we'll just merge you with the DR's thread!

Then again... maybe not...
 
I would say take the car... cheaper and well... you get to do what you want. Don't forget to bring back turkey for some sammiches you will need food for b0rging... it can take it out of you

 
Now even I have to admit we've stooped to a new low... we're trying to bring an off topic post back on topic... :D
 
Send them a nice card explaining why you can't be there in person. You know, a friend died, the car is in the shop, cat pissed on keyboard...


 
Take the car and blast your favorite tunes throughout the drive.

 
Just thinking...
Does your family have any computers you can borg for the [H]ord?
That would add charity, maybe help the whole thing go down easier. :D

P.S. with their permission, of course.

 
Well let's see, the train and bus cost more money, get you there slower, and net you no automobile to mobilize yourself for Black Friday lootings, as well as no emergency refuge from family, so scratch them.

Flying is outragously priced this time of year, the TSA are gov't paid Nazi's and will confiscate any PC parts, turkey sandwiches or tweezers you carry, so scratch that.

Drive the car, and with the $70 you save over the next cheapest option get a counseling session to ready you for next year.

And borg everything in sight all along your way, ATM's, cash registers, retailer demo PC's, borg it all.
 
Back
Top