ok wtf is my 8800gtx running at 198mhz??

madmax30d

Limp Gawd
OK i dont know whats going on but my 8800GTX SLI is running very slow..

3dmark score is 6,000

I checked everest and it shows this:

GPU Clock (Geometric Domain) 198 MHz (original: 610 MHz)
GPU Clock (Shader Domain) 1188 MHz (original: 1350 MHz)

Ive tried adjusting it from Ntune, no luck.. Rivatuner wont even detect it... im getting pissed off..

Just few hrs ago i 3dmark'ed at 15,520.. now im at 6,000

??

Huh....

What have you done in a couple hours? Installed new drivers?

Download ATITool, that's what I use to overclock my GTS. See if that detects it.

198/396 happens to be the lowest allowable clocks to set on 8800s AFAIK. When trying to run a program like RivaTuner or ATI Tool and having a detection failure, it will read (and attempt to set) your clocks to 0/0, leaving them actually at 198/396.

To go back to stock clocks in Vista you can go to the control panel, choose to remove all nVidia display drivers, then reboot in safemode and reinstall the drivers you were using. I don't know firsthand in XP, but I'd assume that uninstalling drivers via DriverCleaner or even the standard method would suffice.

First get rid of Ntune. After that maybe we can help you =) And yeah try ATITools like the other guy mentioned.

ya i never liked ntune

i just put it cuz rivatuner wouldnt detect it..

im re-installing drivers as we speak

Reinstalling drivers fixed it..

Nvidia should get on the ball with the whole vista/ 8800GTX issue..

seriously like probably 50% of the people running vista and sli setup have some kinda driver error or freeze.. wtf

It is a driver issue.

and 90% the windows can't see your GPU yet.

Ntune constantly locks up on me. Especially if you attempt to use the control panel while still in a game.

Me no likey :p

ahhh.. crap this is happening to me now also... I am trying different drivers but my card #2 is saying it's at 198/1188... this sucks! I hear this can either be the drivers or the card might be bad... I am hoping it's just drivers..

Wow.. well, I uninstalled nhancer, and that didn't fix anything.. then uninstalled rivatuner, no difference.. then cleaned out 169.09 betas and loaded up 163.75 WHQLs and the clocks went back to normal on card two. whew.. so loaded up rivatuner again and put a mild overclock on the cards.. 616/924 and they're doing ok now.. and wow the performance is better.. I can't believe I was playing games with my clocks all hosed up.. craziness.. now I need to see if I can load up the newest betas again because I am not sure how well these 163s will fly with crysis and the witcher... thank gooness for everest.. I wouldn't have noticed the issue as soon as I did.. well, at least pinpointed what was going on..

hit 16351 on 3dmark06! whew..

Is it in reduced power mode? If nVidia detects insufficient power from the PSU it dumbs down the speed. Just an idea?

Yeah - I pulled the card, checked it thoroughly, just to make sure one of the power regs hadn't popped or looked burned or something, then swapped the power between card 1 to card 2 and the problem persisted with card 2.. so, did all the software removal and driver cleaning which seems to have fixed it.. but wow! I think it had been like that for a while.. I thought things seemed to be running sluggishly.. especially when playing crysisa and the witcher.. but it wasn't until I ran 3dmark06 again, with the SLI load balance display thing enabled that I knew SLI was working, but something was causing it to perform much worse than single card.. I had some issues while trying to overclock with an older version of rivatuner a while back, then did a lot of installing of ocing utils, then going back to rivatuner, then had a clock dection failure but realized it was because I was on the second video card in rivatuner, and you need to OC targeting the primary card.. so I am pretty sure that is what caused this.. seems to be in line with what happened...

anyways... I am going to sit on the 163.75s for a while until I feel confident this has been licked..

Back