ok working on overclocking dfi expert and opty 165

geist

n00b
i have a dfi expert nf4 and im following the overclocking guide and im try to find the max fsb i set cpu multi 5x , dram divier 1:2 the ht link multi i tried at 2x and it only got up to 257 so then i tried 2.5 and 3x and then i was able to get up to 290+ but shouldnt this board be able to go higher?

im not sure if i should be messing with ldt voltage to attempt to go higher

any recommendations? when i was trying this with the asus a8n sli i was able to get to 335 before it reboot.

ok so any ideas on what i should do to get this thing to go higher? as soon as i get to 295 it gives errors in prime95

I'll have some info on my Opty 165 on a DFI Ultra-D at the beginning of next week if everything goes as planned. I'm tentatively hoping for 2.6-2.7 with a Scythe Ninja and Nexus 120mm fan.

Lukano said:
I'll have some info on my Opty 165 on a DFI Ultra-D at the beginning of next week if everything goes as planned. I'm tentatively hoping for 2.6-2.7 with a Scythe Ninja and Nexus 120mm fan.

yeh that would be helpful...im getting similar cooling so id be nice to know how gd it performs from another person :) and not a review :p

Mayhs said:
yeh that would be helpful...im getting similar cooling so id be nice to know how gd it performs from another person :) and not a review :p

The more I read, the more optomistic I get for 2.6 at 1.375 and 2.7 at 1.475 (absolute max, likely 1.425 or 1.45). That really seems to be the standard 'ceiling' for the Opty's right now - but really who's going to scoff at a potential 900mhz increase (33%) on marginally over stock voltage (if even).

These Opteron's really amaze me. Even at stock the performance difference was very tangible compared to a 3000+ Venice (so same clock speed, just adding a second core).

Back