OK, which LCD do I buy for xmas????

Kryogen

Gawd
OK, which LCD do I buy for xmas????
I have a 17 inch CRT and I'm sick of it.
I mostly do web surfing, msn, music, office job, etc.
Some old games, but not really a gamer anymore.
Not too cheap, not too expensive.

Ideas?

If I were you I'd probably get a widescreen lcd. Something like a samsung 205bw, 225bw or some other widescreen.

I've just got hold of 22" widescreen samsung SyncMaster 225BW, i'm very pleased with it, the only downfull with these panels is they sometimes have a little backlight bleed, it can only really be noticed on a completly black background though so it depends how fussy you are, I would also reccomend the 21" widescreen Samsung Syncmaster 215TW, very loverly screen in deed, better image quality than my 225BW but it does suffer slightly from input lag, but if you don't play any fast first person shooters then it's nothing that your going to notice.

Dell 2007WFP.

Got it last week with the S-IPS panel, no stuck pixels, and no backlight bleed. The perfect panel.

lowrider007 said:
I've just got hold of 22" widescreen samsung SyncMaster 225BW, i'm very pleased with it, the only downfull with these panels is they sometimes have a little backlight bleed, it can only really be noticed on a completly black background though so it depends how fussy you are, I would also reccomend the 21" widescreen Samsung Syncmaster 215TW, very loverly screen in deed, better image quality than my 225BW but it does suffer slightly from input lag, but if you don't play any fast first person shooters then it's nothing that your going to notice.

My thoughts exactly and I do have the 225BW as well.

I am at that point also in choosing my LCD. But reading the reviews here and also the individual reviews from sites like newegg and ncix, is making me lean more towards the viewsonic. I had viewsonics as monitors in the past and I never had any issues....:D

I think also that the VX2235wm looks nicer than the samsung 225bw. By the way, the samsung 226bw is a sweet looking monitor, but I am not sure when they are arriving to North America:(

I got an LG L204WT 20.1" monitor. It's not too cheap, not too expensive. It seems to be good for everything, not the best, but for the price it's great. So far I haven't had problems watching movies, playing games, web surfing, and designing web designs in Photoshop. :D

As far as Samsung vs. Viewsonic goes, I'd go for the Samsung it seems to have better reviews.

Back