OK to unpower GPU fan?

gthorn2000

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Messages
247
I am preparing my old Dell 4100 for my dad to use for business. It has a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 that has a fan that makes an ENORMOUS amount of noise no matter what the system is running. Other than that, the card works OK. The noises finally got so unbearable that I unplugged the fan connector on the VGA. The card seems to be working fine and I even played a little CS on it. When I physically touched the card, it felt VERY hot. I can't find a temp monitor for the GPU and GeForce4's don't have built in monitors that work with Forceware drivers.

Do you think it is safe to unpower the GPU fan if no gaming takes place?
 
Nope. Could fry ur card, is like unpluggin ur cpu fan, ill melt. U can buy a decent fan upgrade for $10 that will make less noise. Are you sure the newest bios is installed. Could be that ur case is not insultated. I have an Antech amg case and its noise free. And Yes I have a Ti4200 that makes no noise
 
Back
Top