Harkov

n00b
New build for midrange box.

Problem across all parts is: No POST, power to LEDs fans, no video signal

Componants are
700W thermaltake psu
evga 8800gts
Q6600 quadcore

Ok first off from a different build I had 8gig ddr2 corsair sticks laying around and an asus striker extreme MB that I couldn't get to work with an OCed core2 extreme build for someone. They wanted SLI for the future so whatever :p

I ran into the striker's vaunted CPU INIT post error, whatever this board sucks anyways. Asus has been going down hill the last few years. But No POST, power seemed ok, no video signal, it just sat there at CPU INIT. Ok I didn't want to use this pos anyways.
-------------------------
I had an intel d975xbx2 board laying around also. Figured what the hell, same results. No POST, power seemed ok, no video signal. This is where I started to troubleshoot.

I reset cmos, pulled battery overnight a couple times.
1 memory stick, then switched to some old school 512mb low voltage ddr2.
switched out video card to cheap ass video card I use for this very purpose
PSU to corsair 620, the voltage was fine with the thermaltake, but I know the corsair works also.
rebuilt outside of the case, blah blah
Same results It wont POST, no video signal, power is good to fans, no Keyboard lights.

---------------------------

Screwing with this long enough and that intel board kinda is a little long in the tooth for a new computer and since it wasn't working. I got a dx38bt intel board and some patriot 1333 ddr3 to use. Since I'm gunna use this computer for myself, this is what I wanted anyways so it gave me an excuse to buy it :p

NO POST NO VIDEO SIGNAL, fans & LEDs ok, no keyboard, OMG IN HEAVEN
This needs to stop

Switched PSU, video card, one memory stick (now I don't have any spare ddr3 to play with but I tried both sticks), inside & outside the case, pulled cmos memory for hours, reseated CPU with even different heatsinks! indian rain dance of please work,

Really the only way to get a response is to pull all the memory out and at least it 3 beep post errors you. Otherwise it's totally unresponsive. So my question is, anyone have any ideas? The only thing I haven't switched out here is the CPU. Do you think it's possible it's just DOA? I've never had that happen ever. I don't want to have to RMA a cpu.

hehe, I don't have one laying around sadly! All I have a dual core, which ya i'm gunna switch it tonight and see and I guess RMA the quad.

Back