Ok, so I have the midi of a song that I want to play on my trumpet...

bobsaget

Supreme [H]ardness
How do I get this midi file (halo theme ;) :p) transcribed to sheet music?

Is it even a midi file that I need?

If I am totally off track, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks! ;)

I used one of these awhile back for final fantasy midi's. There's a million out there, do a google for it

yeah, thanks.. I used the free trial of NoteWorthy Composer... it is just perfect! ;)

Now, how do I record or encode mp3 or wma files to midi?

Thanks...;)

Transposing the music to midi form...ya know, sitting by the computer and picking out the notes with your mouse. One of the most tedious processess known to man. We used to have to do it every semester for orchestra back in highschool, never could find an easy shortcut around it.

bobsaget said:
Now, how do I record or encode mp3 or wma files to midi?
Yeah, there's really no easy way to do that. I say find a music major and have him write it all out for you.

ok, thanks guys...

I can do most anything with my good ol' trumpet and a few hours time... ;)

just transcibe it yourself(NOT TRANSPOSE, transposeing is what happens when you change the key, ie. one instrament to another), at first it would take me a long time, like an hour to do just a minute at most on a piece of music, but now i can do it almost instantaniously, but that has taken a couple years of transcribing. its easiest with a keyboard at first, or if you can hum real good (as in match pitches), i play alto sax, and have no keyboard skills, but if you have any music experience at all transcribing will become very easy.

i use fanale2003 for writing music on a computer.

Back