• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ok...pop quiz

Absentee

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
9,410
i wanna see how much you guys really know :D


if someone can tell me what
1,208,925,819,614,629,174,706,176
bytes is called
you get an imaginary cookie

:edit/hint:
just to clear that up a bit

what would the word for it be (ex: terabyte (its not that but a word related to that))
 
It's a yottabyte. (not starwars related)

 
I actually knew that one. I wrote up a listing of technical terms and definitions awhile back and that was one of them. Now where's my imaginary cookie? I'm starving!

 
*hands the imaginary cookie to oldie*


smart SOB.... <_<

now i wanna know this

has a computer ever been built with that much storage space? :p......
 
I'm sure we've got well over an exabyte floating around out there, but I doubt we've breached the zettabyte yet. I know I've personally got about 2TB between everything (not even counting the blank DVD's and what not). I still chuckle thingking back to when I had no idea what to do w/that $350 1GB HDD I got.

A nice quiz thread would be cool, but Google makes it to easy to cheat. Oh well....

 
Geez, how high do they go...the highest I have heard of before this thread was terabyte... :confused:
 
kilobyte
megabyte
gigabyte
terabyte
petabyte
exabyte
zettabyte
yottabyte

I don't think anything higher has been officially named yet, but perhaps Doug or IceCzar will chime in and let us know for sure.

 
Actually, I was only aware of exabytes and below, as the maximum capacity of NTFS is measured in exabytes (IIRC, just under 16EB). It will be some time before we require a measure beyond exabytes for any application that can be realistically undertaken, let alone stored. Thanks for the good info!
 
From what I've read, a yottabyte would be able to store an entire library of information on the universe itself down to each individual atom. We've got a little while before we need that. :)
 
Order said:
From what I've read, a yottabyte would be able to store an entire library of information on the universe itself down to each individual atom. We've got a little while before we need that. :)

Bite your tounge!! Any decent pr0n collection would easily fill that!
 
Back
Top