Ok Need Help.

The Punisher 2000

Limp Gawd
My parents just got wireless internet on their computer. I have a hub and the LAN cables. How could I set up the wireless on my computer? Is there anyway to do it without splitting the connection? Ill need directions on how to do it either way. I mean I suppose I could plug my computer into the modem itself, but to do that I would have to unplug my parents computer. Would that even work? Help me. I know very little about LAN and Internet and all that good stuff.

T[H]anks.

Ok, Im a little confused on what your asking but I will try and answer it anyway.

Do you have a wireless router?
If yes, most likely you will have 4 ports in the back you can plug your computer into.
or
If you want you could install a pci 802.11(b, a, or g) card into your computer, that way you could have wireless on your desktop.

If you dont have a wireless router, buy some thing like this (if you wanted .11b)
If you buy the above product (or something like it) your parrents will be able to connect to it wirelessly and you can connect to it hardwired (or wireless if you bought a pci .11x card)

Sorry if I totaly misunderstood your question, if so please tell me.

Just to clear this up... Your parents are getting internet service via wireless?

No they have wireless service. I just am trying to figure out a way to get it on two computers at the same time.

T[H]anks.

So, do they have a wired connection (like cable or DSL) and you want to use a wireless nic / router?

Okie, is there any other hardware aside from the modem? does the modem go directly to your parents computer? If not, what does it plug into? Give us a model number/company, so we know what you are talking about.

Xailia

Back