ok, need help deciding amd or intel....

MYSTic Jedi

Limp Gawd
srry for yet another amd or intel thread but i need some help, either going with the e6300 or the X2 4000? how well does the AMD OC, on air cooling, compared to the intel, and what kind of power consumption differances. thanks for the help!

E6300, hands down. Faster at stock, will overclock better, performs better oveclocked, costs around the same price, and will consume less power. No reason not to get one!

*hugs his E6300*

Plus, you get forwards-compatibility. Socket T has Quad-core and Penryn left in it, AM2 users will either have to upgrade to AM2+ or run K8L in gimped mode.

Alright, thanks a lot for the affermation! I was leaning toward the 6300 but one of friends (kinda an AMD fan) was trying to talk me into it, but i think ill stay with my first choice, thanks again!

Yeah, it's hard to say as an AMD man, but my next machine will be a C2D for these reasons.

I'm tired of AMD's monthly (it seems) socket changes.

E6300, hands down. Faster at stock, will overclock better, performs better oveclocked, costs around the same price, and will consume less power. No reason not to get one!

*hugs his E6300*

Plus, you get forwards-compatibility. Socket T has Quad-core and Penryn left in it, AM2 users will either have to upgrade to AM2+ or run K8L in gimped mode.

Wow, great articles! Now I think I have to Decide between the 6320 or the 4300? I looked at the OCing ability of the 4300 and looks very promising, better OCs than the 6300 so, I think I am going to go that route. Thanks for the help and info!

The E4300's are avg'ing 2.8 - 3.0Ghz.

Back