Ok..My systems is not balanced, monitor needs upgradeing..i know nothing..lol

AllenFX

Weaksauce
So its painffully obvious my 1600x1050 22 inch dell monitor is my systems major weak point.

I was looking at upgrading video cars and after reading around some....the conclusion was that was a waste of time with my current monitor.

I do medium amount of gaming but end up playing demanding games. I am also on a semi budget and go for "bang for buck"

I have NO IDEA what montitor to get or what specs are most important.

After messing around on newegg i found this 24 inch Asus that has a 2ms response time, a 1920x1080 resolution and an amazing 10,000,000:1 contrast ratio Its $219 bucks and should at least make my next video card upgrade not seem like a joke??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236102

Or should i save up more money and go for something even better?

Note i was trying to keep it under 27inches as i actually move my computer around in the house rather frequently (my brother and i set them up on the kitchen tables and have all night ":nerd-a-thons" at least once a month)...one thing that was GREAT about my puny 22 inch montior was how easy it was to move.

ASUS current gen TN panels are really great. I just got a 27" 276q and love it so much I'm receiving a vk278q (the LED version) on Friday. It's TN but it certainly one of the best TN panels I've seen, ever.

I would recommend ASUS 27" TN panels but the one you're looking at seem to be the same gen.

So its painffully obvious my 1600x1050 22 inch dell monitor is my systems major weak point.

I was looking at upgrading video cars and after reading around some....the conclusion was that was a waste of time with my current monitor.

I do medium amount of gaming but end up playing demanding games. I am also on a semi budget and go for "bang for buck"

I have NO IDEA what montitor to get or what specs are most important.

After messing around on newegg i found this 24 inch Asus that has a 2ms response time, a 1920x1080 resolution and an amazing 10,000,000:1 contrast ratio Its $219 bucks and should at least make my next video card upgrade not seem like a joke??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236102

Or should i save up more money and go for something even better?

Note i was trying to keep it under 27inches as i actually move my computer around in the house rather frequently (my brother and i set them up on the kitchen tables and have all night ":nerd-a-thons" at least once a month)...one thing that was GREAT about my puny 22 inch montior was how easy it was to move.

ASUS current gen TN panels are really great. I just got a 27" 276q and love it so much I'm receiving a vk278q (the LED version) on Friday. It's TN but it certainly one of the best TN panels I've seen, ever.

I would recommend ASUS 27" TN panels but the one you're looking at seem to be the same gen.

How much for the 27 inch version?

Edit: NM, I see they run $299 - $349. Not too bad at all for 27inches but i see they are the same resolution as the 24inch i am looking at. 1900x1080 will look sharper on the 24 inch canvas so i am thinking ill keep the $80 savings.

Not meant as a slam..i REALLY appreciate the feedback and let us know how you like them!

Absolutely the best LCD monitor (TN) I've had the pleasure of using. Blew the doors off my Acer AL2216W 22 inch LCD TFT Monitor.

Back