OK lets get the thing folding

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkanakis

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
1,167
VM 3 installed
run linux VM
Shut it down and reconfigur to 4.6gb ram
restart
type in login and password
then........
 
Am I missing something?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Based on your troubles in the other thread, it sounds to me like your VM networking is not configured properly. How do you have the networking side of the VM configured? NAT, Bridged, or ??
 
Based on your troubles in the other thread, it sounds to me like your VM networking is not configured properly. How do you have the networking side of the VM configured? NAT, Bridged, or ??

I have no clue. I just loaded VM using stock settings.
 
You know there is a guide? Just checking lol
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
After reading the "Guide" 5, 6, 7 times and your stuff isn't working I desided to move on.

I guess I need a "Folding the -bagadv for dummies."
 
From the troubleshooting section of the guide:

Solution for client error "Could not connect to Primary Assignment Server for ID" (Credit to pgmoney for solution)

The virtual machine needs an IP on the network in order to access the Internet and the folding servers. If on startup the IP is missing in the notification, then this configuration change may give the virtual machine access to the network.

1) Open VMWare and select Linux64_FAH but do not start the virtual machine
2) Click "Edit virtual machine settings"
3) Click on Network Adapter
4) Change Network Connection from Bridged to NAT
5) Click OK and start the virtual machine
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top