Ok I'll be buying soon.

cfish

Weaksauce
ive been trying to decide what to buy for awhile now because ive been hearing mixed things. All i'm buying is an AMD 64 cpu and mobo.

i was thinking of going as high as a 3700 but im hearing things like how a much lower 939 would out-perform it?

Am i to assume that a 3700 with the 1mb cache will definitely be better than a 3500 and below? Is the extra cash worth it? or should i go with a 34-3500? Will the 3700 be a big upgrade from the 34-3500? I do not want to do a great deal of overclocking due to my lack of knowledge with cooling...

another question: i have an AGP card im keeping, will companies continue to make better and better AGP cards in the future or will i be out of luck?

ABout the AGP cards, they will still make AGP cards for at least two years, but those cards will be released a few months late form their PCI express counterparts..

ATi has been quoted as saying when it comes to the R520 and AGP, when asked if there would be an AGP version they said "most likely not". However I would imagine that if there is the demand for the cards that some board maker will come up with an AGP version using the Rialto bridge chip.

take the plung to pci-e and socket 939 man it will be worth it in the long run...get a 3500+ venice (whenever they're friggin available) and a radeon x800xl all on a DFI lanparty ultra-d mobo

i cant afford to buy a new card. especially when i have a 9800 pro alreayd

if you dont have the cash to upgrade from a 9800pro then just dont upgrade. If i were you i would sell you 9800 pro while its still worth something

cell_491 said:
if you dont have the cash to upgrade from a 9800pro then just dont upgrade. If i were you i would sell you 9800 pro while its still worth something

it isnt all that weak. i figure with an amd64 my fps in css will be fine

yea but it would be pointless to get a socket 754 mobo or a s939 mobo that has agp...might as well just stick with what youve got and save your money

cell_491 said:
yea but it would be pointless to get a socket 754 mobo or a s939 mobo that has agp...might as well just stick with what youve got and save your money

well this is how i see it after thinking about it:

i only play css and thats all ill play probably. i figure i can get the agp slot, and then buy the x850 agp when its alot cheaper. and the x850 is basically all you'll ever need for css

what u think?

i say buy a good socket 939 board an A64 3200+ sell your 9800pro and buy an x800xl so that way youll be ready for 64bit windows and youll have pci-e so youll be ready for the r520s or g80 (wichever is cheaper lol)

Back