Ok I tried hiding a lot ;)

Sniper_Merc

[H]ard|Gawd
DCP_0031.JPG

Still considering redoing the entire wiriing scheme. Whack off all the molex connectors and go to screw strips inside the right side panel is what im thinking about doing.

and yeah I know theres some wiring floating around on bottom of case, its only temp till i break out the soldering iron and reposition that fan controller to the front, and tuck some other wiring in behind the side panel

thats pretty darn tidy. you really should consider sleeving your PSU instead of the wire wraps tho. its a little tricky but totally worth it.

If you have a dremel, I would consider cutting some holes in the motherboard tray so your IDE and front panel wires can go behind them, like mine -

Image3.jpg

Originally posted by Grizzy
If you have a dremel, I would consider cutting some holes in the motherboard tray so your IDE and front panel wires can go behind them, like mine -

:APPLAUSE:

thats prolly the tidiest i've yet seen!

now all you need to do is replace your bs thermaltake heatsink and you're set!

YAY! For the tidiness
BOO! For the heatsink on your graphics card

Arctic VGA Silencer Cooler go for it!

I got the Tt heatsink free to review, and its better than my stock HSF (which got put on the video card :p ) I was thinking about replacing both of them, but i am too cheap :D

I got the Tt heatsink free to review, and its better than my stock HSF (which got put on the video card :p ) I was thinking about replacing both of them, but i am too cheap :D

i wouldnt use Tt, even for free.:mad:

Originally posted by zombiebeat
YAY! For the tidiness

BOO YOU!

9800P_angle.JPG

526/425 air cooled...

check the sig for 3dmark

btw, nice job on cleaning up

Very good, but the rouhd cables bother me. If you have 1337 flat cable folding skills, use those, and flip your HDs so the connectors face the front of the case. Looks tidier.

Originally posted by hardwired
thats pretty darn tidy. you really should consider sleeving your PSU instead of the wire wraps tho. its a little tricky but totally worth it.

Sleeving is on the list of things to do, but the spiral wrap at the time I did the bulk of it was cheaper and easier to deal with.

I'm actually considering going with instead of sleeving is to use this stuff, http://www.svc.com/uvwire.html and those areas where it is absolutely necessary to have wiring showing, it would look nice in the case. It would also allow me to make all the custom lenghts necessary to the power supply, and tuck as much as possible behind the right side panel.

I'm definately considering doing exactly that. Though I don't have a dremel tool. I do happen to have a sheet metal nibbler, just punch a hole with drill and start nibblin away.

I also found that the flat cables are far easier to hide than the rounded, go figure, all the hype about better airflow with rounded and then 2 yrs later go back to flat cables ;).

Originally posted by deftone
Nice GPU Cooler, LoL.

Thks :p

It's on a 5900 non ultra 128 meg card, flashed to 5950 firmware ;)

And it actually does better than the stock HSF, even on low speed. Granted it was $40 but what the hell, I'm back to a nearly silent pc again.

Originally posted by zombiebeat
YAY! For the tidiness

I looked at the Arctic cooling VGA silencer. It would fit on my 5900 but it would have required some modding, and I don't have access to a shop, and what tools I do have available would have been inadequite to the task.

That Zalman cooler does better than the stock HSF on it by a good clip and does it silently. Sooner or later I'll post up my review on the homepage. I'm only 4 months behind on my reviews ;)

Originally posted by Little Grabbi
Very good, but the rouhd cables bother me. If you have 1337 flat cable folding skills, use those, and flip your HDs so the connectors face the front of the case. Looks tidier.

Flat cables are on the list ;)

Hadn't thought about about flippin the drives as a way to hide the molex, thanks :)

Back