ok I know msi makes system killing crap motherboards but what about their vid cards

hollandbk

Weaksauce
I just say this because my card crapped out on my and my roommate has a older spare ati msi board but i'm kinda afraid to put it into my system. what are your guys experiences with their cards :confused:

they are all reference cards I believe, so more or less the same as others without customer service

In my personal experience I have had nothing but good things come from both MSI video cards and motherboard. I've had a few of both and none have failed me. I wouldn't hesitate to put another in my system

Unless the MSI sticker is cursed, I do not see why a MSI reference card would fail more than another one?

Not laughing WITH... Laughing at. Dude's obviously never owned an MSI product. And I can't think of once that I've heard a video card killed a computer, regardless of what brand it is.

Not laughing WITH... Laughing at. Dude's obviously never owned an MSI product. And I can't think of once that I've heard a video card killed a computer, regardless of what brand it is.

Its his Bestec PSU not his mobo but he just hasn't figured that one out yet ;)

While not a fan of MSI I did love my M2N32-Sli Deluxe mobo :) Was my first AM2 mobo. That mobo was a fn beast and had every feature that I ever could have wanted.

I will hand it to MSI in that they prob make more mobo's crammed with features than anyone else.

Oh, I have owned quite a few MSI video cards and they were all just like every other video card I ever owned from every other manufacturer. . .. they all worked.

Its his Bestec PSU not his mobo he just hasn't figured that one out yet ;)

While not a fan of MSI I did love my M2N32-Sli Deluxe mobo :) Was my first AM2 mobo.

I currently own an MSI motherboard because I wanted to try something other than the big three (Asus, Gigabyte, and eVga) when ABIT died. I got the X58 Eclipse, and it's been nothing but good to me for the past 4 months.

Will I buy nothing but MSI board in the future? Probably not. But I will definitely consider them every time I make a purchase, although their customer support is horrid at best.

just because you have been lucky with their motherboards does not mean others have, I've read to many stories about their motherboards taking killing cpus and systems and about their non existing support

Lol, the correct way of saying that would be that he was unlucky as the majority of boards form all major manufacturers work. Otherwise they would have been out of business long ago.

just because you have been lucky with their motherboards does not mean others have, I've read to many stories about their motherboards taking killing cpus and systems and about their non existing support

Alright, show me more than a few posts that say that.

Haven't had problems with several MSI motherboards or video cards.

Just because you have not been lucky with their motherboards does not mean others have, I've read to many stories about their motherboards working just fine. ;):p

By telling us what you 'know', you unwittingly did a perfect job of identifying what you don't know. That's no problem, learning's cool.

I've got an MSI KT4V, been rockin since ~2001 and it hasn't 'killed' anything I've plugged into it. Nor have any of the other motherboards I've owned, which is a large number. That's just not how electronics work.

Like others have mentioned, an MSI video card is no more or less likely to be killed than any other brand's version of the same card. Look to warranty information and the company forum for the real differences.

Last edited:
MSI makes great stuff, I've used both mobos and video cards from them and haven't had one fail me yet!

I've read many stories about all manufatures mobos killing systems. That doesn't mean they are right. There are a lot of noobs out there that have no business inside a computer who think they are pros.

Have had good luck with all msi products mobos and gpus.

Alright i currently own a MSI 8800 GT 512mb DDr3 for the past 2 years i would say when i first got this video card after 6 month i noticed that the video card started to have heat issues so i RMA it took around 2 weeks and i got an new one ! which i was happy about and it worked fine until 3 months ago i had to rma it again same heat issues next i received their newer 8800 gt 512mb models with 4 copper heatsinks with an fan. i havent had an probelm so far =] but if you want customer support i guess i heard good things about evga?

well during this expereince it actually made me want to buy more of their video cards 0.0 maybe its justme.

No problems with MSI here. I have an msi video card and motherboard in my rig and both are running strong. My parents rig also has an msi motherboard that works great.

eh maybe ill try an msi motherboard one day. there is a msi video card i like but just no mone yet.

Back