Ok I am needing some advice..

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
I am getting rid of my Core motherboard (Asus N4L-VM DH) and it will leave me with a Core duo T2400 sitting doing nothing until Christmas when it becomes a HTPC cpu.

I have 2 gigs of RAM (Corsair DDR2 667)

Now I can continue with my plans to build a Conroe system using the DDR2 667 I have around and put the Core duo to rest till xmas (or sell it and buy again).

Plan B involves picking up a decent core duo mobo (aopen 975) and overclock the bejeezuz out of this Core duo. Then when Xmas comes I convert the aopen/core/ddr2 667 to a HTPC, and I purchase a new conroe system.

What would YOU do?

Its what you can afford , i would like to do all them things and if i had the money i would change my systemat least every 6 months, which i am doing anyway but struggling with the money.

I will not have a chance to buy the conroe because i bought a tagan 900watt and a xfx 7950 XXX in the last month. But if all goes as planned i will buy the four cored one.

Its all about what you can afford , you only have to justify it to yourself and nobody else cos its you that bears the price and all the other things it will bring.

does it overclock and how well. I would take that into consideration before selling it. I honestly would probably keep it. If it overclocks to lets say ddr2 800. I wouldn't see a reason to upgrade.

Back