• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ok help me

Rugeroni

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2002
Messages
482
ok i have been giving myself a headache for weeks now and i have 350 bucks to get a camera. i was looking at the a80 but i was turned off about the non rechargable batteries or battery pack and i dont wanna buy those recharable ones. so i looked at the FUJI FinePix F700 and it looks super sweet! but of course i have the OLYMPUS C5000Z making it harder. and the Canon PowerShot S400. with that being said i have a newborn that is going to be tearing this camera up with 1000's of pic waiting to be taken so i want the [H] to show me the way here i trust you guys and go ahead and tell me what camera you would choose and why.

thanks,
justin
 
just buy rechargable batteries
they last hundreds of shots

4 aa's + charger = about 20 bucks
 
you really think the a80 would hold up vs these other cams cause now that i have been looking it up the a80 seems to lag behind other then the swivel screen. i also wanna throw in that i would sacrafice MP for good color and nice moving pics ( like a baby doesnt really sit still )...
 
Just as a reference, my A40 (2.0 MP precursor to the A60/A70/A80 series) has taken 2938 pics since I bought it almost two years ago, and is still going strong. The colors are great to my unpracticed eye. It's survived two 4-foot drops onto concrete (while off - fumbling it into/out of bag) and still takes great pictures and has full function.

My only two caveats are:

1) that it is not a very good low light (i.e. no flash) camera - its exceptionally grainy/noisy at ASA400 speed and wide aperature settings. I hope they have gotten better at it in their later cameras.

and

2) In full automatic mode, it can, though not necessarily always will, take a prohibitively long time to autofocus and set exposure for the pic. Tough to get quick action shots unless you are good at anticipation.

Battery life with NiMH AA-rechargeables is fantastic. I've never run out of juice at an inopportune moment. I carry one set of fully charged batteries in the travel case, and the ones in the camera. I would have no problem bringing just those two sets on a week (or longer) vacation.

BB
 
Originally posted by wtf
just buy rechargable batteries
they last hundreds of shots

4 aa's + charger = about 20 bucks

Ok that's what I was going to say. I thought I was missing something when he was not going to get the A80 cause it didn't have rechargeable batteries.
 
Originally posted by agentzero9
Ok that's what I was going to say. I thought I was missing something when he was not going to get the A80 cause it didn't have rechargeable batteries.

hell, i got 4 aa's and a charger for my camera for like 9 bucks off ebay, granted they weren't name brand but they have been going for about a year and 4 months
 
hmm how many times in one year do you have to replace the nimh batteries, compared to the ones that the camera's come with? i just have never used rechargable batteries other then a r/c car and they went bad all the time so i am a bit weary. well thanks for the replies. can you guys tell me why the a80 would be a better pic over the fuji or the olympus ( if you have had any first hand comparison experience ) thanks. i am very impressed the camera survived those falls that is awsome! i should be buying one this friday so respond quick! :)

thanks,
justin
 
Number one duh...

Canon makes great stuff. Best on the market in my opinion. Anyone who says other wise has either never used a Canon or is just unfairly baised :p.
 
Back
Top