OK. Help Me Out Here (from X800XT to 7800GTX)

Scroatdog

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, (***YES. I DID use the search function first :p )

I think I'm getting antsy. I just don't know if ATI is going to deliver a stellar card that will offer new and unseen features, and beat the 7800GTX in terms of quality, etc.... I've been waiting and waiting for R520, but I just don't know if it's worth it to continue waiting. I want to upgrade my system to PCI Express and switch to AMD dual-core.

Here is what I plan on getting to upgrade my system. Please note current rig in sig:

A64 3800+ X2 (overclocked to 2.7~2.8 on H20)
DFI NF4 Ultra-D
2 GB Crucial Ballistix (2 x 1 GB)
400 Gig SATA II 16 meg cache drive (replace 3 drives in my sig)
7800GTX or R520

I'm looking for feedback from those of you that happened to go from an X800XT (or PE) to the 7800GTX. Mine OC's to PE speeds when gaming. Noticable difference?? Worth it?

Seizure Explosion said:
If you already have an X800XT you should get the 7800 GTX and mail me the X800XT for free. :rolleyes:

That was freaking hilarious.

I say: "Stay the course."
The motherboards for CrossFire are coming out this month which you can use your
current card with, then in September the X800 CrossFire Edition card should hit the shelves.

You could be one of the first dudes here to have dual X800 XT's!

Seizure Explosion said:
If you already have an X800XT you should get the 7800 GTX and mail me the X800XT for free. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's on the way. Go wait outside for it to show up.

You probably won't see much of a difference right now. Since you've been waiting for R520 for this long, keep waiting to see how it measures up to the 7800GTX. Since they will both be full SM3.0 and HDR capable parts, go with what performs better, of course. ;)

DejaWiz said:
You probably won't see much of a difference right now. Since you've been waiting for R520 for this long, keep waiting to see how it measures up to the 7800GTX. Since they will both be full SM3.0 and HDR capable parts, go with what performs better, of course. ;)

QFT

Originally Posted by Seizure Explosion
If you already have an X800XT you should get the 7800 GTX and mail me the X800XT for free.

Scroatdog said:
Yeah, it's on the way. Go wait outside for it to show up.

LMFAO....

Back