ok, first time raid-0 array, 2X 64GB SSD, 130MB/s?

MrWizard6600

Supreme [H]ardness
yup, I've seen other threads with these rather dissapointing performance results, and I'm sure they were given the same solution you guys are going to give me, but I cant find those threads after 10 mins of searching so, here goes:

slowraid0SSDs.png

slowraid0intelstoragemanager.png

I've actually disabled the Hard drive write cache since taking that screen shot so, its off.

ICH9R, running Gskill Falcon SSD's, which are based on the IndilinX controller.

Last edited:
Did you align the partition prior to installing the OS? Did you restore from an image? Latest drive controller drivers? Have you run any other drive benching software?

That doesn't make any sense, I'm getting 200mb/s average on my single 60gb OCZ Agility drive.

Are you running Windows Vista? If so, I'd switch to 7 beta, as it has proper SSD support, otherwise you'd have to probably do some tweaks in order to get it working to it's full potential.

Did you align the partition prior to installing the OS? Did you restore from an image? Latest drive controller drivers? Have you run any other drive benching software?

Yes, no, yes, yes.

That doesn't make any sense, I'm getting 200mb/s average on my single 60gb OCZ Agility drive.

Are you running Windows Vista? If so, I'd switch to 7 beta, as it has proper SSD support, otherwise you'd have to probably do some tweaks in order to get it working to it's full potential.

windows 7 natively detects and turns off defrag when it detects that its running on an SSD, and if the drive adheres to the SSD ATA spec, windows 7 has built in trim support. Thats it.

And yes, I'm running windows 7 RTM actually (shhhhh**).

Anyways I fixed it, I had some conflicts with Intel Matrix Storage Manager's caching technologies. All I had to do was flip it off and on again in the IMSM console and I'm now getting 400MB/s+:
400MBs.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Back