• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ok...final 3 monitors....help me pick...!

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 15, 2005
Messages
4,658
Ok, I've decided I don't want to dish out the cash for 2 GTX's to play battliefield 2 on max settings on a 2405 so. I decided I would like to get the viewsonic vp201b, dell 2005, or the acer 2032WD. I am lieaning towards the vp201 and the Acer. What do you think.
 
I think it depends on whether or not you must have 1600x1200 or not. I prefer the 2005fpw simply for the 16:10 aspect ratio. More games are supporting it, and the "slightly lower" resolution is a compromise that I think is easily worth it. Of course upgrading to the big brother 2405fpw eliminates all those problems but you already said that's out. Of course then again the Acer uses the same panel as the Dell so I suppose you're interested in WS gaming to begin with.

Anyway, I think I'm rambling, so I'll say I enjoy my dual 2005fpws greatly, and I think that going with either the Acer or the Dell would probably be my two picks.
 
Ever thought of the Samsung 204T? Probably the most pristine 20.1" 4:3 display available. 16ms, and PVA with FULL viewing angles and the like.
 
IdiotInCharge said:
Ever thought of the Samsung 204T? Probably the most pristine 20.1" 4:3 display available. 16ms, and PVA with FULL viewing angles and the like.

Anyone know if the 204T is the upgraded version of the 213T?
 
IdiotInCharge said:
Ever thought of the Samsung 204T? Probably the most pristine 20.1" 4:3 display available. 16ms, and PVA with FULL viewing angles and the like.
they are charging a nice premium over the 2005fpw's (sale) prices. I wonder how much better is it.
 
Dell is known for 'almost works' LCD implementations, Samsung is known for 'always works.' Go count the number of bad backlighting threads and 'how many times I returned my XXXXFP in order to get an acceptable one.' Also, when it comes to mainstream LCD technology, Samsung's PVA technology is widely regarded as the best- maybe not the fastest response wise, but you have to give up being the best in everything else in order to achieve that.
 
dell's to cheap, how can it be so good and so cheap at the same time? fish. acer is my choice.
 
You need DUAL 7800s for BF2 on this thing? Dunno...6800GT is doing nicely enough, I'd hope the GTX I've got coming in the next week or two would do better, especially since it's supposed to beat the tar out of a pair of 6800U.

And if you don't want one of these monitors because they're cheap...your loss. :D
 
ashmedai said:
You need DUAL 7800s for BF2 on this thing? Dunno...6800GT is doing nicely enough, I'd hope the GTX I've got coming in the next week or two would do better, especially since it's supposed to beat the tar out of a pair of 6800U.

And if you don't want one of these monitors because they're cheap...your loss. :D

lol
 
Ok, so everyone's choice is the acer. Good, because I was leaning towards that.
 
Ok, so everyone's choice is the acer. Good, because I was leaning towards that. And What about the samsung, is better than the Vs,Acer, and the Dell.
 
Well actually no...if you didn't figure it out from my earlier post, my choice is the 2405FPW...
 
do you guys know? what happen to samsung, i remember a time back when they were going to release the 173 172.... lcds monitors, and after a while, people forgot all about them. weren't they succeful or something?
 
Back
Top