oh lookie here!

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Marietta ga

20191126_144852.jpg

Last edited:
And I was happy to get a 3700X system today at work for me!

Are you going to upgrade your 3900X system?

Sounds like a good plan.

At home I am debating between a 3960x or 3950x to replace my i7 970 windows workstation.

Microcenter in Marierta said they havent seen or heard of when they are gonna get Threadripper. Straight up and simple... TR is a paper launch. Clearly the 3950x is in supply and is a solid launch at this point. I'm shooting for end of this week just after Tgiv the TRs will be in store.

I’m also 3 hours from the closest micro center and not trying to make the drive for nothing.. wish I knew they had stock.

Thats where i picked mine up from yesterday while camping out in their parking lot from 6am

Amazon just got the 3900x in stock for 499.99 if anyone is interested

I love that I Live 15 mins from an MC. I dunno if the KC store has one in stock though.

I'm going to buy a 3950x tomorrow and hock it on fleabay

Check out this dude: https://www.ebay.com/i/254433621701...61Py7XcCt6Nkpmx-eyoRQlY9HXnWBz0xoCmQoQAvD_BwE

I woulda notched a Visa and grabbed all of those in the pic.

TR3 build in my mind day 0:

Full on 8-channel 3600 speed ram population.
Max out my nvme storage.
2080ti
Open loop cooling

Just be pedal on the floor in every category so you know you're getting the most out of the platform.
That'll take so much coin any offset is welcome.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
3960x.jpg

I drove to my "local" MC and bought the last one they had in stock last night. Replacing my wifes dual pc stream setup with a 3960x system. Going to do custom loop and rigid tubing in it.. so have two systems to build over the next week or two, my 3950x system and hers, fun times! Will have a bunch of used parts for sale soon here! :)

Both ATL stores are out. I'll check on Thursday when the trucks come in to deliver.

Back