• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

oh god :(

Laffles

Gawd
Joined
Aug 23, 2011
Messages
903
Don't have a clue what has happened to my main rig, I just restarted and the thing won't boot.

I get the 'starting windows' with but the animation of the windows logo is frozen there, I have no clue what can have caused this and am a bit of a n00b, I'd appreciate any help. 'windows repair' starts but then ends up restarting the pc... :confused:

specs:

i5 2500K OC@ 4.7Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68A-D3
8.0GB Corsair DDR3 1600mhz XMS3 (4x 2GB)
HD: Crucial 64GB SSD S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
Second hard drive: 1TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s
GeForce GTX 580

I'm really worried as I have a few big things I was working on that are not backed up :(
 
The more I'm reading the more it's sounding like my SSD has failed on me.... :(
 
can't boot in safe mode either, just hangs after 10 or so lines, can someone help me pleaseeee
 
\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSEH.sys

just tried repair again, got a blue screen;

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

:(
 
that sounds like a cpu/ram issue can you get into the bios, if so then set all everything to default and see if it will boot. I am thinking your oc is done.
 
wow. you're a life saver, it worked. Thank you so much!

I'm a total noob bro. a good friend who built it for me. I thought given the fact it has that watercooler overclocking it isn't a problem?.. should I try pushing it to 4.5 instead of 7?
 
wow. you're a life saver, it worked. Thank you so much!

I'm a total noob bro. a good friend who built it for me. I thought given the fact it has that watercooler overclocking it isn't a problem?.. should I try pushing it to 4.5 instead of 7?

Its probably because you have all 4 slots of ram populated.
 
just try running a stress test @ lower oc's and see what it handles. Thew bump a little @ a time!
 
Back
Top