Official Team Fortress 2 Thread

yeah its a bug, it's pretty easy to do too. Hope valve gets on this, really makes the heavy way overpowered. Had one come in guns blazing and clear out a capture point before we knew what hit us.

It's a confirmed bug, not a cheat.

VAC can't kick you for exploiting bugs.

Ah.

Valve is usually pretty snappy about that stuff anyway. When the teleporter under door exploit was exposed, they fixed it the next day.

I've discovered that the RPS style classes can lead to frustration pretty easily in pubs. After unluckily encountering the superior class a few times in a row, I longed to be enslaved.

TF is updating now, probably fixes this bug. It's a shame because I wanted to try it out at least once for fun.

Well, since it's still not fixed (probably will be tomorrow), I tried it out. And boy! So much fun! It makes the HW usable for me. I think a little speed would be what the HW guy needs, not accuracy to balance it out.

:DI LOVE playing as the Heavy, which for me, is quite strange cause in other games, Im usually the guy who hangs back and watches and waits for an opportunity.

In RO, I usually find a decent bush to hide in and wait for some dumb shmuck to walk into my trap,

With TF2, Ive tried all the classes and yet, the Heavy remains my favorite. As I already mentioned on page 40, Id like to have better accuracy with my Heavy, but speed would be a nice helper too.

I made a thread the other day talkin about this exploit/bug which people can do to make their heavy run fast. You guys are saying its a BUG and bugs can be "exploited" without fear of being banned. Or atleast, thats what I gather from what you guys have said.

That being the case, do you guys want to know how its done? Send me a PM or if you guys say its ok to post publicly, I'll just repost the "how to" in this post.

Let me know :D

Why don't you do mature, skilled gamers a favor and not post stupid "explots" or "cheats" or whatever you want to call them. Obviously, it won't remain in the game, it was not intended to be in the game, and in substance it is no better than hacking. It ruins games and it spoils the game for legitimate players.

Don't post that crap.

No, for fuck's sake, don't pollute the community with exploit information. You might as well just link everyone to some trojan-filled hack sites. Tell valve about it so that it can be fixed.

Whether you get banned for it or not doesn't matter. It ruins the game just as much as someone using a speedhack.

No, for fuck's sake, don't pollute the community with exploit information. You might as well just link everyone to some trojan-filled hack sites. Tell valve about it so that it can be fixed.
They have it listed on the current bugs list on the steam forums so they know about it. I'd be surprised if we don't see an updated fixing it in the next day or two since it really does completely unbalance the class.

where are the screenshots stored? I had a graphical glitch last saturday where people on my team were showing up with the scout body but the pyro weapons. Also, some team colors seemed to be wrong (that was interesting).

black_b[ ]x;1031512611 said:
where are the screenshots stored? I had a graphical glitch last saturday where people on my team were showing up with the scout body but the pyro weapons. Also, some team colors seemed to be wrong (that was interesting).
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<account name>\team fortress 2\tf\screenshots

That's assuming a default install, but you should be able to figure out where it is based on that. You should definitely post them here though, that sounds kind of amusing.

LOL, I didnt post and wont post how to do the bug, thats why I mentioned that if interested, you could PM me. People are naturally curious, despite it being a bug or not, they want to try it, I did when I found out, doesnt mean I do it.

But, for an FYI, I just got thru playing 2 hours worth and wanted to see if they fixed it yet or not.....they have not.

No one fears the HWG anymore because he can only do decent damage point blank, and most people are smart enough to tackle him at a distance. He needs to be able to plough through people a lot more than he can now. I had my crosshair dead over an enemy medic for about 6 second sustained burst today at medium range adn they just wouldn't die.

this is not true, imo. I've lead great defenses as a Heavy before. Gotten 20 kills or so in one life (with dispensers and medics of course). Really the Heavy just needs quite a bit of support.

black_b[ ]x;1031512611 said:

I ran into that myself - only for me snipers were showing up with the scout body - it sorta threw me for a bit.

I guess i didnt get the screenshot of the team colors being screwed up, but here's a couple scout/pyro shots.

30ubou0.jpg

29f2e53.jpg

anyone had problem with the latest update?
my game is now choppy as hell

black_b[ ]x;1031514638 said:
I guess i didnt get the screenshot of the team colors being screwed up, but here's a couple scout/pyro shots.

IMG
IMG

I have to hand it to Valve on this one. Even though the scout character was never meant to carry that weapon, it looks almost perfect. His hands are in the right place and theres no clipping of the weapon, though it does look a tad large for the scout :p.

black_b[ ]x;1031514638 said:

30ubou0.jpg

29f2e53.jpg

remind me of me with a boner, hehe.

HWguy is now fixed. I was banned from one server for testing it out for fun, after I logged back in Valve updated TF2 and now the exploit is gone. Back to regular playing now, it was fun for the brief time I did try it, but it didn't neccesarily break the class. I was killed plenty of times quite easily.

HEY VALVE

This bug is old and needs fixing. I was able to walk around with uber sniper until i killed myself without any medics near me. got like 10 back stabs, very gay.

October 8, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
  • Team Goals panels stop appearing after you've played a map several times
  • At map time limit, Sudden Death now only kicks in if teams are drawn
  • Sudden Death only starts in CTF mode if both flags are at home
  • Team Fortress 2 stats are only gathered when playing a real game
  • Added the player class counts in the class selection dialog
Bug fixes
  • Fixed Heavy minigun exploit
  • Various fixes to localized text

And this is why I love valve. They find out about problems and fix them within days, not months.

where's the best place to post a bug or issue with the game? is there something in steam to let me do that? i'm wondering if i can find a game log or something that i can send them to detail the player color issues i had.

October 8, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
  • Team Goals panels stop appearing after you've played a map several times
  • At map time limit, Sudden Death now only kicks in if teams are drawn
  • Sudden Death only starts in CTF mode if both flags are at home
  • Team Fortress 2 stats are only gathered when playing a real game
  • Added the player class counts in the class selection dialog
Bug fixes
  • Fixed Heavy minigun exploit
  • Various fixes to localized text

That is a great fix, I can recall numerous times trying to bring back intel. and last few seconds we go into Sudden Death before reaching our base

I have this bug where the audio skips and speeds up, its very annoying. I have IP-35 pro sound card Realtek HD.

!HALP

I have this bug where the audio skips and speeds up, its very annoying. I have IP-35 pro sound card Realtek HD.

!HALP

Same Mobo, Same Sound, Same Problem.

Vista Business x64.

But, I'll add another problem.

I run at 1920x1080.

all the other Valve games I've tried (CS, HL2, HL2 E1, etc.) all run 1920x1080p.

For some reason TF2 keeps running in 1080i, and there is no way to change it.

I can start TF2, drop out, play HL2, and come back to TF2, then close those out and play Quake 4. When I do, it changes from 1080i to 1080p to 1080i to 1080p.

And this is why I love valve. They find out about problems and fix them within days, not months.

Yeah right, like the browser resizing itself everytime you login, most annoying thing in the world and it's only just been fixed in TF2 but has been around since the browser was first released all those years ago.

Or the fact tha 90% of the CS community are screaming and pleading at valve to make a proper bot filter for the browser yet they seem to refuse outright.

Valve aren't that good at bugfixing, some things have been left for way too long.

Yeah right, like the browser resizing itself everytime you login, most annoying thing in the world and it's only just been fixed in TF2 but has been around since the browser was first released all those years ago.

Or the fact tha 90% of the CS community are screaming and pleading at valve to make a proper bot filter for the browser yet they seem to refuse outright.

Valve aren't that good at bugfixing, some things have been left for way too long.

Haven't experienced any browser resizing problem and I don't know if they really could make a bot filter since CS bots are all from third party applications rather than included in the game like ETQW.

So, considering the consistency of patches addressing significant issues in TF2 thus far, I'll stick with my opinion.

Edit: In other news, I think the new change to the class select screen is worse than the way it was before. It takes a bit more time to see what your team needs. Nothing major, just my two cents.

Haven't experienced any browser resizing problem and I don't know if they really could make a bot filter since CS bots are all from third party applications rather than included in the game like ETQW.

So, considering the consistency of patches addressing significant issues in TF2 thus far, I'll stick with my opinion.

CS Source bots were released internally, Turtle Rock developed them for Valve.

Wow. Valve updating like a fiend.

October 9, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
  • Improved driver checks for various cards that can have problems with specific driver versions
  • Various updates to Russian and Polish localization
  • Spies can no longer reload their revolver while cloaked
  • Demomen grenades now collide with players and Engineer buildings after the first bounce, but still won't explode on contact
  • Improved startup network initialization to catch issues with server firewalls popping up in the background
Bug fixes
  • Fixed loading screen and intro movie showing up on Windows Vista with full screen AA
  • Fixed a sound corruption issue which could cause audio popping
  • Fixed achievement storage issues that caused a problem with the Head of the Class achievement

Random question: to get the "With Friends Like These..." achievement, do the players you're in a game with have to be in your friends list or do you still get credit if they're only in a group you're part of?

The reason I ask is I'm in a group and we have our own server. I'm hoping I can simply play on the server while they're online as well to get my last achievement rather than having to actually add everyone who happens to be in the server at that moment.

Back