Official Suicide Squad Comic-Con Video

This, TDK's Joker was still not THE Joker. Heath's performance was great and he was pretty demented but he was not like your typical Joker character that I grew up with with all the slapstick humor and funny quips.

I grew up with the same Joker but the the original comic one was a serial killer more like the Heath Ledger Joker than any of the ones we saw as kids.

I grew up with the same Joker but the the original comic one was a serial killer more like the Heath Ledger Joker than any of the ones we saw as kids.

Originally but he evolved to be more elaborate than that. He was knowing for using all kinds of gags and props which still had lethal intent. His care free nature and amusing killing methods is what I loved. TDK Joker was just a homicidal maniac preying on the publics fear. It fit the theme for the TDK trilogy but it didn't exactly feel like The Joker. Which is why I think Jared Leto has a shot of pulling it off. Though I still don't like the character's look.

The one aspect of TDK's Joker I didn't agree with was that his appearance was the result of make-up he wore,rather than being truly deformed. That's a key element in the dynamic between him and Batman,and his hatred for him. What really makes the character so unique is that he's a villain who doesn't want to kill the hero,ultimately,his ultimate victory would be to drive Batman to kill him.

The one aspect of TDK's Joker I didn't agree with was that his appearance was the result of make-up he wore,rather than being truly deformed. That's a key element in the dynamic between him and Batman,and his hatred for him. What really makes the character so unique is that he's a villain who doesn't want to kill the hero,ultimately,his ultimate victory would be to drive Batman to kill him.
I didn't mind that creative change to him, not everything needs to mirror the comics, hell I rather like the fact that the movies were more grounded on reality than "oh look he fell into a vat of chemicals and through the miracle of plot devices he didn't die just became insane and deranged".
First movie, Ra's al ghoul wasn't magical, it was some hallucinatory drug derived by poppies.
Second movie, joker was just a crazy fucker who had daddy issues. Harvey Dent they went a little over the top with IMO, I'd much rather see some realistic half your face burned off person, the fact you could see into his mouth, and what not looked too fake.
Third movie: Bane isn't some steroid injected freak, he's simply a prisoner who learned how to fight well, with a bit of an asthma problem that requires the mask for his inhaler :D

Now obviously when you go into some of these characters that "have powers" some of sense of belief needs to be left at the door. But the Joker does not need anything special to make him who he is, that's what was great about him, he's just an evil mother fucker who is quite crazy, and that can be done by anyone.

He didn't become crazy through a plot device miracle. The vat of chemicals didn't make him insane--that's just what makes him hate Batman. He goes insane because his whole world falls apart in the span of an hour (learns that his wife and unborn child die right before he becomes disfigured).

I guess that's why people are objecting to that element of the backstory not being apparent in the movies. It's not as if someone wouldn't end up like the Joker if they had followed the comic directly and that the creative changes are any more realistic. I don't even remember why he's a homicidal maniac in the movies, but if it's just because that's arguably *less* realistic than the catalysts in the comic series.

About the only thing I liked is the actual suicide squad, Harley Quinn is a dead ringer.

Back