Official PS5 Thread

From the tear down the m.2 slot is a bitch to get too. You pretty much need disassemble the entire thing. The S looks a lot simpler but yea I will assume MS is using something proprietary to keep fr swapping them out with anything but oem parts. Even then it might be a crap shoot.

Huh? It looks like the all you have to do to get to the SSD slot on PS5 is pop off the bottom cover and remove a single screw to remove the cover for the bay; essentially as easy as the PS3 and PS4's HDD to remove and replace. Hardly any disassembly required at all actually.

Time coded to start at the panel removal.

Huh? It looks like the all you have to do to get to the SSD slot on PS5 is pop off the bottom cover and remove a single screw to remove the cover for the bay; essentially as easy as the PS3 and PS4's HDD to remove and replace. Hardly any disassembly required at all actually.

Time coded to start at the panel removal.

I was responding to the Xbox in my quote.

My Target order is now "preparing to ship" although the delivery date is listed as the 18th. Hopefully that's just a placeholder or worst case. It's pretty unusual for anything to take 7 days to ship/arrive unless it's via the Post Office.

FedEx has sent a notification of shipment :). Dam 14.8lbs, that seems heavy for a console alone.

Walmart is sending me my cancelled PS5 now as well. They did the same shit with my XSX order as well. Both orders cancelled 2 weeks before release. Never preorder from them.

Walmart is sending me my cancelled PS5 now as well. They did the same shit with my XSX order as well. Both orders cancelled 2 weeks before release. Never preorder from them.
...I'm guessing they still charged you for those?

Well considering you ordered two impossible to get hardware devices and cancelled the orders, Walmart probably hates you too :)

...I'm guessing they still charged you for those?
Didn’t initially but I got charged for the Xbox this morning. Expecting they will do the same for the PS5.

I just don’t understand how you still fulfill orders that are cancelled weeks before.

Well considering you ordered two impossible to get hardware devices and cancelled the orders, Walmart probably hates you too :)
It’s not like I cancelled them a day or two before release. They could’ve used these past 2 weeks to easily reallocate them to someone else with a later delivery date.

FedEx app updated with my Walmart order. It's in the state but it says "Shipment exception - Barcode label unreadable and replaced". Can't wait to see what condition this is in once it gets here (if it even gets delivered).

Mine has been shipped from Gamestop and recieved by FedEx. FedEx says it will be delivered tomorrow, awesome. Decided to take Friday off of work (haven't built up enough hours to take Thursday off as well) so I'll have a nice three day weekend to dig into Spider-man and Demon's Souls.

Midnight tonight to order one?

Supposedly Wal-Mart is staging them throughout the day tomorrow. The times are noon, 3PM, 6PM, and 9PM (EST). I've seen that in a few different places so I don't think it's a big secret. Best Buy had a countdown clock for the Xbox that ended at midnight pacific, but there's nothing at all for the PS5. I'm thinking they're a no-go.
I'm trying to help my buddy and his son get one and I'm not super hopeful...but I'm going to watch NowInStock and Wario64's Twitter like a hawk just in case.

Mine is still "Preparing to Ship" via Target. There's basically no shot I see it tomorrow, but I'm still (slightly) hopeful for this weekend.

So sad. I've been at the store at midnight for the PS2, 3 and 4 launch at night checking out the lines and all the people. Thanks Covid!

Mine is still "Preparing to Ship" via Target. There's basically no shot I see it tomorrow, but I'm still (slightly) hopeful for this weekend.
Same with mine. Says estimated arrival between Friday and next Wednesday. Then another section says estimated arrival next Wednesday. I live near a distribution center and their HQ. I have very little faith in Target for videogame preorders. It's for a friend's son for Xmas though so as long as it arrives at all, I'm stoked. My Amazon order is shipped and arriving tomorrow allegedly.

I live about 15 min from the Amazon warehouse where my package's UPS origin scan was.

They used UPS next day air for a trip across town. Wonder how much the shipping cost on that was :)

So is Bestbuy.com supposed to have some for sale for store pickup at midnight? I see Walmart has them starting at noon EST. Anywhere else I might be able to snag one? I know it's a one in a million shot but you never know.

So is Bestbuy.com supposed to have some for sale for store pickup at midnight? I see Walmart has them starting at noon EST. Anywhere else I might be able to snag one? I know it's a one in a million shot but you never know.
Target will have them online only, but must be store pickup. I've heard 11 or midnight CST. Time is just a rumour I believe.

Sony is trying to prevent in-store sales, due to COVID.

If you want to physical purchase. I think the closest you can get is buy online----for curbside pickup.

I juuust got one on Sony direct after Target basically blew up when their stock showed up. Had to wait in Sony's queue for about 2 hours and lucked out that they posted stock right about when I got in.

Wario64 twitter and Nowinstock chat helped a bit.

Last edited:
^ Yep Target was sold out in a flash.

Last edited:
^ Yep Target was sold out in a flash. Nowinstock chat = more braindead than twitch chat kiddies.
Popfindr still shows ~9 PS5s at my local Target, but the Target site itself says zero. Had one mostly through checkout @ Target and got the dreaded CV2 verification bug.

Damn.. There was another Target drop, would've scored one but the charge got cock-blocked by my CC's "fraud prevention" -- "do you recognize this charge from TARGET LLC?" SMFH.

Last edited:
Lol so Target had them in stock at 4am central according to Nowinstock... that's so ridiculous. I mean I know it's so popular that it's going to sell out no matter what, but really, 4am?? I'm just supposed to sit there spamming F5 for 4 hours going into the early morning?

Best Buy orders are up. I bought the disc version, wanted the digital, but the order button was available on the disc version so I just went that route. Best Buy makes you jump through a ton of hoops when checking out, so hopefully that trips up any bots. Mine is supposed to be available for pickup November 18th. They charged my card, sent me a confirmation email, so I hope that means this is a done-deal, if not, I'm not concerned, just gimme my money back.

I wanted an RTX 3080 100x more than a PS5, I'm not even gonna play PS5 games on it because I still need to finish some PS4 games.

Best Buy orders are up. I bought the disc version, wanted the digital, but the order button was available on the disc version so I just went that route. Best Buy makes you jump through a ton of hoops when checking out, so hopefully that trips up any bots. Mine is supposed to be available for pickup November 18th. They charged my card, sent me a confirmation email, so I hope that means this is a done-deal, if not, I'm not concerned, just gimme my money back.

I wanted an RTX 3080 100x more than a PS5, I'm not even gonna play PS5 games on it because I still need to finish some PS4 games.

I just got "unable to add to cart" about 20 times. God I love console launches.

BOOM! Got another one via Best Buy for my buddy. It's via pick-up at my local store next Friday. Like with djoye , they already charged me (during the buying process), so I'm guessing this is final.

Now I need to figure out how much shipping this damn thing across the country will work.

Walmart's page is saying that they'll be available at 12PM EST, that's probably your next best opportunity.

Pretty sure I only got one because I don't really want it. :LOL: :(

In all honesty, that was me this morning. I promised to help my friend get one and figured there would be no way in hell it would happen. Within 5 minutes of trying, Best Buy's site was showing local stock and the rest is history. I jumped through a shitload of hoops and lost my cart 50+ times to get my Target pre-order.

Back